Post Great Comics or Graphic Novels

Y'all are too young to have seen this gem:

Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special

2 Likes

Anybody reading the new Star Wars comics? A friend of mine told me to read the old (and now non cannon stuff) stuff which is great according to him.

I read a bit of one of the Chewbacca ones, was good how well they wrote a story around a character who only howls.

I was super skeptical about CHewbacca's comics but they turned out to be quite nice. I think i'm going to buy Dark Empire next, maybe tomorrow.

1 Like

2 Likes

Dark Empire was amazing, Timothy Zahn's best work. The Dark horse comics were very popular. Dark Times #1 -12 / Star Wars Legacy was also very good. !

The more recent Marvel Star Wars Comics have been a bit disappointing so I am hoping this 5 part series turns out well.

[Updated]

So this one was more so a 50/50 issue for me.
1. I like the art and the detail throughout
2. The story is mostly narrated by Maul battling a 'Rathtar' of all things making an appearance in Star Wars in the clone wars era.
3. Maul spends the issue talking about being bloodlust to encounter a Jedi and nearly being spotted by an unnamed Master & Padawan outside coruscant city center. The story progresses with a scolding from Darth Sidious about Maul possibly foiling his plans. He dispatches Maul to the Kellux system to take out some pirates who have encountered Seperatist. Maul proceeds to kill everyone, spare 1 pirate who give Maul info about a Jedi Padawan captured in preparation for an auction....

I'll give the story a 6.5 / 10

1 Like

My next read is the second issue in the series. Darth Maul #2, I typically read other comics as well so I will post what I go through.

1 Like

The Metabaron

Vol.1 Info

The Metabaron once single-handedly brought the Techno-Techno Empire to its knees. But in the chaos that followed, a new regime within the Techno-Techno civilization has rebuilt by seizing control of the galaxy’s most precious fuel, the Epiphyte. When this tyrannical new force learns that the Metabaron is back and headed towards Marmola, the only known source of Epiphyte, the Empire dispatches its most trusted servant: the notoriously invulnerable and cruel Wilhelm-100, The Techno-Admiral. Can the Metabaron save the universe once more, or has he finally met his match?

Vol. 2 Info

The Metabaron, returning to the land of his ancestors, Marmola, is convinced that the Epyphite, the precious resource sheltered in the heart of his home planet is trying to tell him something urgent. But the anti-gravitation properties of the liquid are not the only surprises now threatening the substance, or the Metabaron… With the New Golden Planet growing increasingly concerned over its shortage, and the continued threat of The Metabaron, the Techno-Pope entrusts his loyal Techno-Cardinal, Orne-8, to find the ultimate solution.

Vol. 3 Info

The Metabaron enters a parallel universe to find the epiphyte, in order to save his own universe. But on the planet Algoma, the epiphyte is protected by a cast of women warriors called the Meta-Guardianesses, who refuse to help him. Things get complicated when The Metabaron falls in love with the Meta-Guardianess leader, Rina, at the same time the Techno-Techno army turns up, led by Orne-8, their new Techno-Pope.

A continuation of Alejandro Jodorowsky’s Metabaron saga, these comics are what all comics aspire to be. Every page is a work of art and the story is that to rival any mature scifi/fantasy out there.

These are must haves after the epic “The Metabarons” I posted about earlier

1 Like

saw this…thought of this thread

2 Likes

Fables

Snow White, Rose Red, the big bad wolf, Prince Charming. You know them. They’re real and had to flee their worlds. Now they’re hiding in NY, living among normal humans.

You may already have come on in contact with it as “The Wolf Among Us”.

1 Like

Judge Dredd

These comics, despite being so old, are still funny and engaging. Pulpy yes, but the imagination in this world shines through. No wonder even to this day Dredd is still brought up in conversation!

Pretty cheap to get into, worth a look for the ideas of a future that never was.

1 Like

I just started these comics and mostly because of Johnathan Hickman. This is a complete line wide reboot of the X-men mythos. House of X & Powers of X. I will post my review

3 Likes

Johnathan Hickman does it again, After the conclusion of the HOX/POX series causeing the line wide reboot of the X-Men line, he continues on with The main X-Men line broadening the story line and focusing on a couple sotry lines per issue. This series will go for a long time, akin to the Claremont days back in the late '70s and '80’s. I honestly see this going or 5-10yrs

Here are pics of all the title

This series of 6 books covering the storyline is called “Dawn of X”

1 Like

Favorite novel recommendation?

Batman V. Predator [Dark Horse Comics]

Thanks