Post a thing you did or made recently

I did a few searches looking for a relevant thread but couldn’t find one so I figured I would make it. This thread is for posting things you have made or are making that aren’t really big enough for a full thread of their own. They can be just about anything you want. Be it 3D printing or Arduino, Programming or hacking, Finished or in progress. Show us what you’re up to.

[details=Da Rulez]

No Turds.[/details]

I made SFP and XenPak transceiver cases for my extra units.

Well I have been overclocking.

I got sent a Q6600 and i Brought to Lenovo USFF PCs for $3 each both had a E6300 in them. They don't have overclock options in the BIOS and I had to upgrade my firewall. So hey now I have a Pentium D to play around with also.

So I brought a Foxcon Mars Board around $40 and i have been having fun ever since
So using a FX8320 cooler, So E6300 got to 3.3ghz from a stock speed of 1.8

On the Q6600 I got that to 3.9Ghz form 2.4Ghz, prob could have pushed it further if I had better cooling. yea benchmarking at 94c not good but it passed, but 4Ghz no go at this stage.

Pentium D time, O god Why? is what I have been asking myself.

1. The CPU runs hot, speeking with @Fouquin one night he said something about being 2 65W TDP on one package they labelled as 95W
  2. I like to drink all the Power and give little back. So while testing i was using a 4 ping to 8 pin adaptor <- yes i shouldn't have done this. also as I later found out the EPS connector is is wired in parallel. so 4 or 8 pin it doesn't matter.

But Just have a nice look at this cable, this is what it looks like after you have stuffed over 200W though it.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Finished a new track:

2 Likes

I printed a fidget spinner a week ago, but I needed to print caps for it which I did a couple days ago(they turned out ugly, but oh well). I also printed a bottle opener, which you can see here(along with the caps):

I'm just waiting for someone to post picture of their turd in a toilet.

2 Likes

Bluetooth speaker system in a 50 Cal Ammo Can powered by a Raspberry Pi 3.

2 Likes

Brb checking Imgur arsenal

I made rifle rounds

Wrapped a Burger King crown in tin foil

3 Likes

I made a slightly configurable simpit last month :)

2 Likes

Wrote a small app to take credit cards.

1 Like

Converted an old slot machine to an arcade machine with Pandoras Box (an SBC with jamma pins running linux and MAME)
Still need to configure the top monitor to loop videos when afk and display some pictures when active, or something alike.

Best ROM in the box must be Michael Jackson's Moonwalker - show off sick moves and rescue small children, kek.

4 Likes

I upgraded Cardboard 2.0 to Cardboard 2.3 (it went through a couple of revisions in between)

Now it has a full 240mm AIO cooler in the front.

4 Likes

Working on making a concrete jewelry box for fiancee...

Molding from beeswax

Now I just need to bake out the wax and fill it back up with concrete...

3 Likes

So glad to see all the cool things people are doing. :D

Made an app to help keep track of the amount of time you take to do tasks.