Possibly failing hdd

Ok, so about 1-2 months ago, I booted my computer and found my registry corrupted. Luckily I had a restore point from a few days before so I was ok. I did a routine malware check and everything came up clean.

A couple weeks ago, I wasn't paying attention while plugging some USB things after having taken a look inside my case, and I accidentally slid my case's feet off the edge of my desk and my case fell about 1 cm and got a decent jolt... and for some reason, it was while it was booting. About a week after the case incident, Windows started acting up and getting random hangs. The next morning, I got the same registry issue as before and Windows would no longer boot.

My primary drive is rather old, it's at least a 4-5 year old 80GB 7200 rpm Seagate. I ran SeaTools and it found 34 bad sectors, which didn't surprise me because of the jolt. I then loaded Bitdefender Rescue Mode (TinyCore Linux with the AV engines loaded) and everything came up clean. After SeaTools, it stopped telling me the registry was bad, but it just changed BSOD's to 21A, so I reinstalled Windows 8.

So far, after a fresh install, Windows hangs badly during high disk usage on my primary drive and it has failed to boot once. This morning it took 10 minutes to boot with a long hang on the start screen. I am thinking the drive is bad, and I can't afford an SSD right now. Does anyone have any good recommendations? Budget: up to $75

Thanks for any help in advance.

Yeah, your old hdd is toast.

A WD Blue 1TB, next best thing to a WD Black. You should be able to pick one up for less than $75 from most vendors.

I ran one more SeaTools scan and it found 97 more errors :/

The 1TB WD Blue was out of stock at my local hardware store, so I picked up the Seagate ST1000DM003.

It's running very well now. Thanks for the help.

For future referance, if you're hard drive starts functioning oddly or slowly and you EVER get bad sectors, you can consider it trash. It won't function normally again and will fail soon.