Portable Encoding/Workstation build suggestions

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to build a portable small form factor PC for encoding video and working on premiere pro almost exclusively. The reason it needs to be portable is that its for my girlfriend who is in the early days of starting a youtube channel and learning to edit her own videos, editing is generally not an issue though its definitely clunkier and slower than my machine but the big difference is in encoding time, what takes 10 minutes on my 6700k 1080 16gb 3200ram will take 3hours on her old crappy laptop so shes generally limited to only encoding on my machine when shes here on the weekends. She will need to be able to unplug it and lift it into her car and transport it between her home and here (she lives here 3 days a week and her folks 4 days), hense the portability and smaller form factor.

Im thinking of a Ryzen 5 1600 as the best bang/buck workhorse, 16gb of decent ram, a 2tb hdd and maybe a cheap ssd for OS/Premiere.

I need opinions on the ryzen 5 1600, a suiable mobo and case (small form factor), psu, a ssd being worth it and if a very cheap gfx card would make any big difference in encoding times.

I understand ryzen 5 isnt out yet so you cant say "yes its amazing" or "no its trash", but lets ASSUME it performs on a percentage basis of its ryzen 7 counterparts based on released specs.

Thanks for any help.

Kek

Why not a 2660 v2. I believe it's $220 used on eBay. And offers 10 cores with 20 threads.

The hard part might be finding a small enough mobo.

Is moar cores not better in this situation?