POP POP Watching Bitcoin Drop

Now were they buy orders or sells? XD

We'll have to wait and see. Both bitcoinity and blockchain are down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g 

I need to get my bank account set up properly to start buying and selling. Been watching the charts for 2 days now as I mine. The money you could make is absolute obserd. Lets hope the prediction of $1450 is correct. Need my tax return already.

Not exactly inspired to take part in something that be disrupted by loads of sell requests. Bitcoin seems a lot more like a commodity to be hoarded rather than a currency. Someone said it best by calling it the modern day tulip bulb bubble.

I could be completely wrong, and would love to be proven wrong if someone wants to enlighten me.

It was actually a DDoS that caused the panic sells. It should return to normal within the next few days when bitcoincity comes back online. People love them trackers lol.

Any conformation or is this speculation like just about everything else about bitcoin? :P

I watched the chart sites go down. Was wondering if it was an intential DDoS or just unintential overload due to people spamming F5 as the prices dropped.

Was it DDoS? TechCrunch reported that it was, but the comments were filled with people claiming it wasn't. Either way it doesn't inspire confidence in BitCoin.

The DDoSer probably realized he was getting paid in BTC and freaked out and stopped the DDoS. LOL

It's been pretty stable since it stopped. Once bitcoincity gets back online things will return to normal ;)

Yeah bitcoin.clarkmoody.com is showing a steady rise. I was just about to sell my miniscule .02 bitcoins to see if I could make a couple bucks. Now is not the time to sell. Any advice on the buy and sell times? I just started.

P.S It's those fucking banks! lolololol

Wow... currency speculation by people who automatically believe "it will come back up" and "A big pump like this is bound to have such a crash as a rebound. It iwll come back up to stable prices." This will end well.... um, not.

Enjoy your bubble, guys. You are making the same faulty assumptions every other speculative investor in the past has made when investing in housing, dotcoms, tulips, etc. Housing doesn't "always go up" (tell that to Japanese real estate investors over the last decade+), dotcoms weren't easy money, and the artificial value created by speculative investment in tulips was never sustainable. It's called "irrational exuberance" for reason and, more times than not, the people who finish the game with money still in their pocket are the ones who don't gamble on ponzi schemes and counting eggs before they hatch.

Bitcoin is a fiat e-currency which has shown itself to be suscepitble to manipulation on many levels. I'm not pretending the same can't also be said about hard currency, but I just can't believe bitcoins are less susceptible to manipulation than real currency.

To those doing it as a past-time and just helping out TekSyndicate, more power to you... to those playing with serious money here and banking their future on this stuff, proceed with extreme caution because you're on some very thin ice, my friends.

A bubble can't stabilize. Life cycle of a bubble - http://i.imgur.com/Mi3bL8C.jpg

What's the highest trading lag that Mt. Gox has been put under previously?  I distinctly remember a 2 hour lag durring the trough of the drop.  Is this something Mt. Gox should have been prepared for?

FYI:

IT was not a DDoS: MtGox got 20k new accounts per day: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172944.0;topicseen ~@HNTweets

DDoS attacks or not... I think we might see some up and down. It's the buying and the selling... perhaps they were artificially inflating so they could sell off their stuff... then we see a massive sell-off and the price crashes... it will go up and down. It might be a good time to get in...

in the mumble server, rytak said it was a huge influx of new users and the server couldn't handle it. thus making everyone else thing it was DDoS and then panic rising.

Hmm...wish I had the money to get into this. 

I sold four of mine I now own 1 Google share and 10 Microsoft shares, lets hope MS doesn't go bearish

Mt.Gox is currently under DDoS. Been going on for 30 minutes now. Someone is DEFINITELY manipulating the market value of BTC. I'm holding on to our earnings until it all levels out and confidence returns.