Pop os / rx 6600 & 3350u advice an help needed

hey guys im looking to put a amd gpu into my 2nd pop os build but two things i want to know for sure 1.

which pop version has the amd gpu drivers pre loaded or do i need to download an if so which ones do i get .

2.i use GWE on my first pop build with my 1660 to control fans an oc an voltage but on a AMD GPU on POP OS

what control software should i use ,somthing like wattman or CoreCtrl ? which should i use

if i can get it while on sale im aiming for the

XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 CORE Gaming Graphics Card.

an a side question can CORECTRL be used to fine tune an control the 3350u apu

in my acer laptop its currently running pop os 21.10 with the xanmod 5.16 custom kernel

the instructions at the bottom of this page to enable voltage/clock control if it doesn’t work by default: Setup · Wiki · CoreCtrl / CoreCtrl · GitLab

? the section under

Full AMD GPU controls

has instructions for a grub loader but under my pop 21.10 on my acer aspire 3350u far as i can tell thers not an i havent installed a grub loader do these instrutions still apply or would they not work on this laptop being that i dont think or i dont know if the cpu is unlocked

an if so any advice on best voltage an clock setting to go for
preferible it like to set the max boost clock to 2.5ghz as it seems the most stable at speed an not so damn hot

the reason i say 2.5 eventho under load the acer aspire 3350u will peak at 3ghz the heat produced during the duration use combind with anything im doing make to whole laptop to get very warm an lockup even go down

but any task that at load peaks only around 2.4 - 2.7ghz doesnt an i dont notice any performence diff in use
between a peak of 3ghz an 2.4 to 2.7ghz other then the stated issues

so if with corectrl i could lockin or taper to the fq speed of 2.5ghz id like to do that would this be doable

I’ve been using 21.10 on a 6800m plus APU and it just works. AMD drivers are part of the standard Linux kernel. I hopped to try Fedora 36 (hated it) but waiting for 22.04 to release to come back to Pop.

on both my tower an laptop currently running with the xanmod 5.15 custom kernel

pop os 21.04 on pc
pop os 21.10 on laptop

will the interfer with the AMD drivers

AMDGPU driver is part of the Kernel so it should come with your custom 5.15 kernel. Replacing the kernel also replaces the driver so I don’t imagine it would conflict.

thanks

the instructions at the bottom of this page to enable voltage/clock control if it doesn’t work by default: Setup · Wiki · CoreCtrl / CoreCtrl · GitLab

? the section under

Full AMD GPU controls

has instructions for a graub loader but under my pop 21.10 on my acer aspire 3350u far as i can tell thers not an i havent installed a grub loader do these instrutions still apply or would they not work on this laptop being that i dont think or i dont know if the cpu is unlocked

need some more advice , iv recently installed corectrl on my 2600x build but its not reading the

separate cores an control settings aren’t showing up , what are the steps needed to unlock clock

an volt an power control settings like in the app overview pix

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.