Pop_OS Installation - Encrypt Hard Drive Partition

Hello everyone, good day.

I want to install Pop_OS in an old laptop. The problem is that I have multiple drives and want to encrypt some of the partitions, but I am unable to do it. :sob::woman_facepalming:

First let me tell you about my specific scenario. The laptop has an M.2 drive and a normal HDD. The BIOS only sees the HDD, not the M.2. From factor, the PC had the boot installation partition on HDD and the OS in the M.2 (Windows). I am trying to recreate the same, install the boot in the HDD and then install the Pop_OS in the M.2. I am successful in that but I am unable to encrypt the M.2. drive partition or any partition to that matter in advance mode during the installation. Is there a work around?

I travel a lot and encrypting my HDD is a must, in case it gets stolen.

I have tried default installation on the HDD and encryption ant it works great. But because it is a normal HDD it is really slow and it takes a lot to decrypt :cry:.

Thanks for the help. Please help this normie in distress! :yum:

I’ll try to recreate your situation later today so I can guide you. There’s likely a number of grub and kernel configs that pop is getting wrong.

It’s absolutely possible to do, it just depends on how “custom” you want to get with this pop install.

Thanks, I would appreciate it. :slight_smile: