POLL: Will Win X Remain A Free Upgrade At The End Of The Month?

True, at least as far as we know, but their end-game with Win X is elusive they have done so many things to basically force the OS on Windows users who didn't want it, makes you wonder if that installed base percentage (projected) is the only reason..

though it has worked. almost all of the top companies has software in the windows store available for Windows 10. Netflix, Hulu, Facebook, Skype, Crunchyroll, Bank of America, Roku, Pandora, iHeartRadio. it's actually really surprising in all honesty. companies that laughed at Windows 8 have apps on the store now.

2 Likes

They make home, pro, and enterprise. Enterprise has a few specific things that they charge extra for because of the engineering required, and I can understand the price. Enterprise is regular and then LTSB, however. They're both included in the VL, just LTSB doesn't have any metro apps bullshit and is a revision behind with security patches.

1 Like

it'll become a subscription model upgrade...

1 Like

for those that didnt know if you went to the MS page and got a windows 10 iso it self activated on a fresh install with no previous versions of windows on the disk. so in all reality completely free for all even "pirates" . i am tempted to grab a fresh iso to test but i dont want 10 on my machines.

1 Like

Part of that I believe is because the store apps allow for "proper" drm, supposedly allowing higher quality video, cause you know.. your a dirty pirate if you watch netflix on your PC

3 Likes