[POLL] What Desktop Environment do you use? November 2016

Well i still get kwin crashes from time to time.
However i suppose this might also be an issue with Virtualbox.

I use Gnome on my desktop which is my primary rig. I run Budgie on my laptop. I love them both.

I have a laptop running Mint 18 with XFCE. Loving it so far.

Until it crashes and deletes the panel and you have to delete the config file to restore to defaults and it turns out the defaults are not the Mint install defaults...

yay. Reinstall from scratch! :D

2 Likes

Maybe try something else?

Fairly sure it was something I did. That's what Linux is all about. Figuring out what to do and reinstalling when you accidentally brick it.

It's not a mission-critical machine (it is, but everything it does is on Google services), so it's not a problem :P

1 Like

Haha, tinkering with Linux is a journey of making a crap ton of mistakes, and hopefully learning from those mistakes.

Fun times. :D

1 Like

it's like "Oh, I typed in the wrong argument for this command and now my desktop environment is bricked? Sweet! Re-install and try again!"

1 Like

"Re-install, no problem!" Then after you re-install, you type another destructive command. "Woops, did it again, re-install and try again!" Haha

2 Likes

i feel like i forgot that when i had manjaro I3 on my laptop since the search thing on the top wouldnt show anything when I typed anything in I broke so much shit then it wasnt funny :P

2 Likes

I feel you. Sometimes those issues can suck at the time, but all you can do is laugh after it happened.

1 Like

the thing is I dont even know how it happened i was just looking around the settings and I somehow broke it

y u no put DE/WM combos.

1 Like

I thought about that, I really just don't know them too well. Tell me what you got and I'll put it up. :D

I run xfce/BPSWM :P you dont really have to add it, as it would triple your current poll length.

Haha nice, and yes it would be a very long list. It's great that you can do the DE/WM combos though. :D

@Masterfulliam you forgot KDE-Neon. Different from plasma.

How do you mean? KDE-Neon offers the latest KDE Plasma 5 packages. Is it not the same desktop environment?

Is KDE-Neon different from from plasma ? I believe that KDE-Neon is just the Distro that KDE made and I believe it uses KDE Plasma.

Neon has a lot of the same features but it has a different workflow than plasma.
Also all the menu's aren't blunderbus'd all over the fucking place and make sense.

I have the A409.

1 Like