Return to Level1Techs.com

Poll Syndicate

community
poll

I would happily pay for music if I could buy it in FLAC. I dont care about physical media. I do want to support artist and I have bought music on google play that I have pirated copies of already because I dont want to feel like a total piece of shit.

I’ve been using Bandcamp.

Bandcamp lets you download in FLAC IIRC, of course the band has to be using it.

I have an old Zombie-PC here.
It is a mixture of found parts as is.

Currently has an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ and HD5570 in it, should I swap in an Athlon II X3 450 and HD 7750?

• Yes
  • No
  • Why bother?

0 voters

if the parts just appeared to you… sure… if you have to buy them… no

All on hand, just questionable conditions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gotta verify they work tho right?

I hope to find that out soon.
Edit: Found the questionable-quality Asus AM2+/AM3 board, ready to transplant!

The X3 should destroy the X2 in everything. And the 7750 is still supported. Unlike the 5570…

I have hit a little snag: Can´t find mounting hardware for the cooler I have on hand.

It’s absolutely the same cooling system for AM 2, 3, FM 1, 2, 2+… Do whatever you find it will fit…

Well… the thing to screw in the other thing is missing. Could use Zipties or an FM2 stock cooler.

alright dumb question, for my next PCs Storage; should I use:

• 500Gb m.2 and 1tb m.2
  • 500Gb m.2 and 2tb HDD
  • 500 GB m.2 and 1tb SSD

0 voters

Get a 2TB Micron 1100 SSD.

Honestly, that depends on how much data you want to store locally.

I’d vote for
1x m.2 1TB
2x SSD 1TB
4x HDD 8TB (or more if the mobo has more SATA ports)

but that’s not an option…

M.2 is for the OS and all my movies/music/documents/small games, the other storage options will be for video editing and saving videos, and storing games from Steam and Uplay and Origin.
@TheDiddilyHorror I wish, wallet aint that rich yet lol :skull:

Start small. You can always add some later down the road. I started with a 120GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Now I’m at a total of 18TB (int.+ext. drives).
SSDs are now cheaper than ever before and next week is Black Friday. There are gonna be some nice deals for sure.

the casserole of all the Thanksgiving leftovers is the best part of Thanksgiving

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Shall I make:

• Chocolate browny
  • Chocolate browny… With bananas

0 voters

I don’t want to hear about the special Holland made brownies, that people start with half a piece…