Poll Syndicate

Do you wear t-shirts from events (swag or otherwise)?

• Yes
  • Only at home
  • Never

0 voters

unless its a band or something thats not over the top in your face.

I wear SGDQ shirts. Otherwise they are for cleaning or exercise.

It’s a truck. Unless he doesn’t use it as a truck, I don’t think he’s going to care about cabin design in that kind of detail, but he’s your father. You know him best.

My dad prefers the ride height of a truck along with its versatility to tow or carry large things; or just to carry his toolboxes. He likes a little flare to his vehicles like wood trim and no one color scheme like all black interior/exterior. I feel that this will be his final vehicle that he’ll ride into retirement (unless it breaks and we have to get another one) so we might as well get a good looking truck and not a barebones model.

Do you ride in a car like this?

0 voters

GM really cheaped out on metal and paint on those 2nd gens. No surprise

THIRD OPTION (aka me), option two but with my leg s crossed lol

Whats wrong with the buick? Just get a crown vic instead. If your dad takes shit care of his car. Tell him to get a tesla instead. I know. I am a monster.

Buick rendezvous is 15 years old now and the we have to keep repairing the transmission and sensors that keep malfunctioning, reason my dad is going for a truck is because he cant get in/out of cars that are too low. My dad doesn’t abuse cars like some people do, if a problem happens in his car its usually because its getting old. Also he’cant afford to get a tesla (especially in canada)

Shall I buy a pasta roller or not? It’s 12 euros and have all necessary attachments…

• Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

It is complete waste of money, but it’s purely for pleasure…

I’d say if you have a bread maker, and actually use it, then buy.
There’s loads of gadgets people buy but don’t use, it’s a shame
[edit- just think of the poor Chinese line worker lovingly making stuff like that for peanuts, which people relegate to the back of the cupboard and never use…]

1 Like

You might as well throw in the Ram 1500 for comparison’s sake. With coil spring rear suspension, it does ride the best out of the big three trucks. If infotainment is also a high priority, the UConnect systems are also regarded best in class.

It would be difficult for me personally to justify buying a used truck. Trucks tend to hold their value relatively well. So unless financially constrained and there is a desire for a certain trim/feature or are ok with a truck with more miles, new might make more sense.

What is the goal from replacing the Rendezvous with a truck? More towing in the future? Just want to schlep more stuff around? What can a truck do that the Rendezvous currently can’t?

Also if you are more set on the GM twins, wait for the 2019 Silverado/Sierra launch. That should also help with depreciation.

I didnt throw it in because my dad and I looked at the crash tests of the cars we were considering to buy and the Dodge Ram was the worst of all the trucks we were considering. We have a lot of financial constraints so buying new is off the table for us, but its not the worst since theres a few trucks on the used market with some nice trim packages at a decent price. The main goal is to get a functional vehicle, the Rendezvous keeps breaking down and needs constant repairs to the transmission and brakes (even though all it does is drive on the highway to/from work) so I told my dad its a waste to repair it any more than he already has. side benefit is that it can carry more things and tow simple trailers if need be. Hopefully when the newer models come out the prices will drop but I doubt it since our local sellers are all scalpers that will make you pay a hefty sum for old models, some offer good deals but not that many.

Then weld on reinforcements to the frame and add a heavy duty of road bumper.

What about your RX 580 dreams?

I can get RX 560 and lose 10% performance and get all the features I want…
Or get a second hand 380 and gain 15% performance and get all the features I want… .

Both cost money. So are you going to get the pointless thing that costs money or save it to get the thing(s) that have a point?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Lounge - 2018/08 August [Actual Shitposting Edition]