Poll Syndicate

Now we know who to Target /s

3 Likes

The purge shall begin at midnight.

4 Likes

Midnight tomorrow

1 Like

I thought that was obvious.

I’m too lazy to organize something with less than 6 hours to plan.

2 Likes

no organization, only chaos

Making lists like AOC

3 Likes

I reversed my initial vote.

3 Likes

I see you in the Yes section. Prepare to get disappeared.

1 Like

3 Likes

what brought this new round of closing the lounge talk about?

a string of posts that gets dragged too far out
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/the-lounge-2019-03-march-reformat-it-all-edition/139457/5170?u=kewldude007

A fuck, ya got me!

1 Like

I voted no. The Lounge just needs better and more fair moderation.

1 Like

So…story time first. I’m taking an “Applied Web Design” class at National University right now. It’s basically just HTML and CSS. I’ve been doing it on and off for a few years now. The assignments are super easy. Not trying to discredit the class or anything, I just already know it. Since it’s on Blackboard, I already have access to every week’s assignments and I’m thinking about finishing week 2’s homework tonight and it’s not due for another week.

Since I’m not really learning anything from this class, should I take this time to learn Vim or something? I like ST3, but I’ve always been curious about Vim and Emacs and why some people swear by them.

• Learn Vim
  • Learn Emacs
  • Just do the class. Vim and Emacs are overrated.

0 voters

Edit:

• Accidentally voted. Does not represent my decision. Pay no attention.

If you like ST3, checkout VS Code. It’s much better IMO.

If you’re not learning anything from the course, you need to drop the class and take something better.

1 Like

Not only do we swear by them, we swear at them.

2 Likes

giphy
Jk. I might.

Sadly, with National University it’s in a pipeline, or a “string” as they call it, so I don’t really have a choice :confused: . Their more popular programs (they’re really popular with teaching credentials and Master’s Degrees here) are more flexible I think, but tech stuff like Digital Media Design (what I’m in), CS, CIS, etc. are all like each class is only available once per year, and you have to have every class to graduate. It’s kinda nice in the sense that you know what class you need to take each month. There is no debating over which classes you need for pre-requisites or how many credits you can handle per semester or whatever. But it’s a core class so there is no way around it.

I don’t really like college in general, especially for tech and design degrees. I think it’d be much more effective to teach tech and design in a trade school environment. Buuut the trade schools where I’m from are mostly medical and a little bit of industrial, neither of which I’m very interested in. If it weren’t for the GI Bill being a significant portion of my income, I’d just be grinding through freecodecamp.org right now and building my portfolio.

AOC G2460VQ6 - 24" 1080p 48-75hz Freesync TN - 80€ used (140€ new}

• Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

I’m split…
On one hand I want 144Hz monitor, on the other hand I can’t afford 144Hz monitor, so…

VS Code, Web Storm, or IntelliJ.

These will take you a lot further than vim, imo.

Learn the basics of vim, but outside of that, you’ll find an IDE more useful.

I say this as someone that uses Vim every day. But I also use IntelliJ, VS Code, and RubyMine.