Poll Syndicate

Alright guys if you had to put fans (ignore the bottom fan) super close to a gpu like this, would you have static pressure or air flow fans? Also would they be intakes or exhausts?

• Exhaust Static Pressure
  • Exhaust Air Flow
  • Intake Static Pressure
  • Intake Air Flow

0 voters

In a case that small - go all SP…
The best thing you can do is balance the intakes and exhausts. Usually negative pressure gives you better thermals, but I still maintain positive pressure with dust filtration is the best overall option…

I personally haven’t notice too much difference between AF and SP. I generally go AF because they are quieter and haven’t seen major temperature differences.

Fan’s on the bottom are always exhaust for me. Otherwise, even with a Filter the case tends to accumulate more dust. So, my optimal “case” would be Front/Top intake, Bottom/Rear exhaust with positive air-pressure overall.

SP over AF - Intake over exhaust.

If you only run an exhaust fan, it will draw air from ANYWHERE it can, including around its own shroud if ti is choked off enough. The result can be that it only moves air in its immediate vicinity, and does not pull air from one end of the case to the other.

Running SP over AF because a choked off AF fan is more likely to spin and move nothing than a SP fan.

@psycho_666 @domsch1988 @Kocytean

Interesting takes, we’ll see what works best here. I’m doing a build log and testing multiple fan configurations and running Unigen Heaven to see what makes a difference. will post soon once some more testing is done :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Poll time:

1 Like

GOG is giving me a code for 12 euro FROSTPUNK…
https://www.gog.com/game/frostpunk
It’s not much of a saving, but it’s the cheapest yet, so…

• yay
  • nay

0 voters

1 Like

Frostpunk has about as much play time as the story in Starwars Battlefront II (the surprise gambling mechanics one, not the 2005 one)

1 Like

Woooow, is it really that bad? Damn, it looks so interesting… Wow…

It is a good game. It is definetly not 30€ long.
15€ or so, I can see.

2 Likes

YAY to NAY is 50-50… Now that’s help…

I think I lean more towards nay for a plethora of reasons, the largest of which is: It will only get cheaper…

I might go for it as well. :thinking:

It’s $13 US, so. I’d definitely pay that for a good one-off campaign.

1 Like

Got Frostpunk myself, will try it out once I get back to my Windows machine. Looked interesting enough to justify 13€ purchase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which one do you use?

• Spotify
  • Google Play Music
  • Amazon Prime Music
  • Apple Music
  • Tidal
  • CD’s
  • Bandcamp
  • Vinyl

0 voters

Which one is actually your favorite?

• Spotify
  • Google Play Music
  • Amazon Prime Music
  • Apple Music
  • Tidal
  • CD’s
  • Bandcamp
  • Vinyl

0 voters

I’m currently giving Tidal a go because it’s included for free with my Sprint plan. It’s alright, but there’s one glaring issue which is that I’ve added a bunch of songs to my collection, but they only show up in Tracks. If I go to Artists, nothing is there, so there’s no way for me to just play songs that I’ve downloaded from individual artists as far as I’m aware, aside from making tons of different playlists.

Spotify and Apple Music do this automatically, so I’m considering switching back to one of the two. There’s still things I like and dislike about each of those as well, just not as big of a deal as Tidal.

Also, Siri comes in handy when driving, but she doesn’t play friendly with Tidal. She works great with Apple Music (as she should). Haven’t tried her with Spotify.

[x] CDs and Bandcamp

[x]CDs, Bandcamp and vinyl

2 Likes

Fixed

1 Like

Spotify, used it for years, it works and I can find most of my music from there. If there’s something I can’t find from Spotify then SoundCloud and Youtube.

Tested Apple music, wasn’t bad and had some music Spotify didn’t, but it just wasn’t enough for me to change the music streaming service. Plus couldn’t figure out at that time how to get it to work on all of my devices.

I think the thing I appreciate most about Spotify is that it’s available on basically every platform.

I like the library management in Apple Music more, but the fact that I can’t run it on my Xbox or natively in Linux is pretty annoying.

1 Like

I’m a huge audio snob so I’m buying from Bandcamp or buying the CD and ripping to flac.

I even did an SSD swap in a 5th gen iPod classic because my phone sucked so bad at audio.

1 Like

Not enough info really ? I would static pressure everything just from a casual look. I see I am way behind on polls… I do not care :slight_smile: