Podcasts are here! | Level One Techs

I suspect foobar / podcatcher having been the issue. it worked fine on my smartphone (while connected to the WLAN in my apartment) with the Pocket Casts app.
it works fine now both in foobar and on my phone.

I just discovered this and wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU this is soo awesome!

Now neither my time nor my phones internet gets wasted when going to school (~40minutes sitting in the train = Perfect)

3 Likes

Having trouble getting this working in the itunes podcast app. Any advice? I click on the feed link and it asks to open in News, but when i tell it to, it opens it in the podcast app but can't add it.

I’m using ArenaPod on Android and I can’t download the last two episodes (Apr 3 and Mar 23). Anyone else having this problem?

Same here
downloading the one from 19 days ago but last two have mp3 link at the bottom is missing in opera

Hello,

are the podcasts still uploaded?
The latest is from August 14th.

@wendell ^

Fixed?

Not quite…

1 Like

Hello guys, what’s up with the podcasts?

I have been huge fan of them, since the day one.
They had been making my hours spent behind the wheel bearable.

Since some time ago (I don’t remember exactly, but I would say good year or so), mp3s started becoming somehow corrupted. Whenever I tried to rewind / jump back couple seconds, my player always locked up. I thought it was the player I was using - Antennapod. It behaved the same way, when I tried to listen to downloaded mp3 via Music app on my android phone.

Eventually I gave up trying, and was watching instead of listening to.

I resubscribed to podcasts recently to find out, that latest episode is from September 11th (uploaded Sep 14th).

To make sure, the problem is not my phone, I downloaded mp3 manually and foobar marks it corrupted.

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
“D:\peter\Downloads\AaevPBt0eF0.mp3”

Please could you look into it @wendell @kreestuh @ryan ?

1 Like

I’ve had this issue as well. Sometimes they’re cut in half, sometimes they’re just not working at all, and quite often, they just don’t update until a random point in the month. It’s been this way since May or so, sporadically working. On June 24th, the last 3 weeks were published. Then 2 on August 17th. Then there wasn’t another one until Sept 14th, when the previous 4 weeks were published. I’m starting to lean towards just writing a youtube-dl bash script for it.

1 Like

This was so hard to find!
=> https://level1techs.com/podcasts/feed <=
It should be front and center main page (i’m on mobile xD)
Working good in Podkicker @ Android

1 Like

Nothing since September 14th for me. :frowning: This is using pocketcasts on Android.

1 Like

New Level1 News videos are not being added to the Level1 News playlist. The last video on the playlist is also the September 11, 2018 video. Does the podcast get generated/pull from that playlist?

Sorry for bumping. I just only really get to listen to it while driving, haha.

1 Like

Patreon backer here… So YouTube has started blocking background play (I’m a YouTube Red/Premium sub) on private videos which means I can’t listen to my weekly news show in the car or with my phone locked. -_-

And the podcast feed on any platform including direct from this url hasn’t been update since June 19 when a bulk re-up was done. :confused:

@wendell how much do I have to up my pledge to to get this fixed asap? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Also a Patreon backer, I would love if the podcast feed was updated to include more recent content. Seem’s like it just stopped after June 11

I got a podcast on my feed!
It was dated the 11th July, but only saw it today…
just the audio from the weeks news, but came across well, no playback issues or anything, and just generally all the goodness one would expect :slight_smile:

We are going to post mp3s for patrons on pateeon at the start of the week. There is an easy feed you can use there with your feed readers and this should work well

2 Likes

@wendell

Does this mean the podcast/feed link no longer works and is only available to patreon subscribers?

Been that way for 3-4 years now tho the back catalog we may publish when we roll out the website refresh

2 Likes