Plex file naming convention in Handbrake preset

I was wondering if anyone had experience using handbrake for ripping TV shows for PLEX. I have found that PLEX is fairly sensitive to how shows are named to even see them in my storage.

I am using HandBrake 1.0.7 and in the Output file section it gives you options for the file format and the default preset is {source}-{title}
For Plex, the file name looks like this:
ShowName – sXXeYY – Optional_Info.ext

Is there a way to make this as a preset?

Thanks

I haven’t found a solution yet for the GUI. If I were you I would try to write my own kinda intermediate script that calls the CLI version of handbrake. I haven’t bothered with this just because of lack of free time.

If you decide to go with CLI Handbrake, this may help.

Here’s the documentation: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/cli/cli-guide.html

Here’s the command line I used for conversion myself.

HandBrakeCLI.exe -e x265 --encoder-preset slow -x strong-intra-smoothing=0:rect=0 -q 16.0 --vfr --all-audio -E copy -B 160 --all-subtitles -i $oldfile -o $newfile -f av_mkv;

But what does it all mean?

• -e x265 Encodes in x265 format.
  • --encoder-preset slow What it sounds like.
  • -x strong-intra-smoothing=0:rect=0 I don’t remember what these were for, but I think they’re x265 specific for quality. -x is just adding advanced options to the encoder.
  • -q 16.0 This is quality using Constant Rate Factoring (CRF).
  • -vfr This is Variable Frame Rate.
  • --all-audio What it sounds like. Keeps all audio files.
  • -E copy This is the audio encoder and is saying to just leave the audio files as they were. No re-encoding.
  • -B 160Audio track Bit Rates in Kb/s. So 160 Kb/s for the otherwise copied audio tracks.
  • --all-subtitles Again, what it sounds like. Same as Audio.
  • -i Input file.
  • -o Output file.
  • -f av_mkv Format of final file.

You can just switch the settings to whatever you prefer. i.e. -e x264 since x265 is computationally inefficient for playing back video.