Plex error s1003

Hi Guys,

My remote plex users are getting consistent Plex S1003 (Network) errors preventing playback on my Windows install. It seems really hard to find anyone answering this error code with a windows install but seems to point to “permissions” bit vague for me. I would note if it helps that my media is stored on an external HDD “caddy” They are all proper nas drives though.
and I am using a Lenovo mini PC to run Windows 10 and Plex with a wired connection.

Files run fine locally on plex but my remote user constantly gets this error, sometimes a restart helps. Any ideas?

Someone on Reddit had this response, hoping there are some Plex gurus here that can advise me :slight_smile:

Update - The error changed to

Error code: “s1003” (Network)

Couldn’t really find anything relevant for this error specifically pointed at Plex. After more research, I found an explanation of database errors (generic, not Plex specific)

S1003 Couldn’t connect to database.

I think the issue is permissions (big shock running in a Docker + SMB + TrueNAS, right? lol)

Edit
I moved the Plex database off of the SMB and stored it locally to the server and now Plex is working again, so definitely a permissions issues. Not sure if it’s a Docker Compose, Ubuntu Server, or TrueNAS error though. The research continues