Please Help to passthrough a WX3200 pro Gpu from Windows Server 2019 Host to a Windows Server 2019 VM

Hi Levelonetechs :slight_smile:
I hope that I might find some tips and tricks here in this forum about how to passthrough a WX3200 pro or use remoteFX with Host (Win Server 2019) and VM (Win Server 2019).

Has anyone done that until now ? I read through several forums and trying to find solutions but no success until now :frowning:

Its really frustrating that in 2020 we have still the tech from 1980sā€¦ So pleae help me to reach this milestone and passthrough a AMD WX3200 or use remoteFX in Windows Server 2019.

Just for clarifying:
Both host and VM are Windows Server 2019 and supported according to Microsoft. However if i pass through a WX3200 i end up with error 43ā€¦

I performed following steps already:

Step1:
Microsoft official passthrough guide - lowcache 2gb - high 4gb instead 32gb.

Step2:
Registry entry into host and VM:
Registry key path (create it if not present): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\HyperV

Registry values:
RequireSecureDeviceAssignment = 0 (REG_DWORD)
RequireSupportedDeviceAssignment = 0 (REG_DWORD)

Step3:
download Amd enterprise driver for pro and modify atikmdag.sys (look for ā€œvirtual machineā€ in hexeditor and turn it to ā€œXXXXXXX machineā€)

After that i rebooted the VM and saw the WX3200 pro but still with error 43ā€¦

I read somwhere i have to modify cpuID or something like that?

If someone knows how to successfully pass through or use remotefx in win2019 please share - this would bring the entire community to another levelā€¦ these f***** companies wont do anything ā€¦although a lot of pro techs advised them several timesā€¦

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Firstly, RemoteFX is no longer supported in Server 2019. What you want is Discrete Device Assignment.

Secondly, are you sure your host machine supports SRIOV and has it enabled in BIOS?

Technically any AMD card using GCN technology should work with DDA and your card uses GCN4.