Please help: brand new 2080ti showing d6 post code

Hey all, I’m getting a d6 post code on my brand new 2080ti. It’s the second one I’ve gotten, both having the exact same issue. I’ve called msi and talked to their kid (who honest to god sounded ripped and like he was googling my issue) I’ve tried several different bios., all of my pci ports, I’ve cleared the cmos, tried all the display and hdmi ports for my tv, 1 power chord, 2 power chords, made sure they’re plugged into vga etc. the system works just fine with the 1070ti i have now and and it didn’t have any issues on the 490x(?) i used to have. any help would be absolutely lovely. up to this point i’ve had an expensive paper weight.

Full system:
msi x470 gaming m7 ac
ryzen 2700x clocked to 4.05
corsair 32gb 2x16 3200mhz clocked to 3455
1tb samsung 960 nvme ssd
1tb samsung 970 nvme ssd
1000w evga gold 80 psu
evga 1070ti waterblocked (the one that does work)
msi seahawk 2080ti (the one that isn’t working)
The whole system is on a custom loop.

Looks like you tried just about everything.
Any possibility that you have another system to test it in? Otherwise I’d say get a refund and try another brand.

Also judging by reviews, it isn’t far fetched that these cards have issues.

1 Like

I would try setting your RAM and CPU back to stock speeds.

I doubt it has much to do with it, since it was fine before… But it might be worth a shot.

What does your manual say about post-code D6?

But yes, i’d try a different brand. Either your motherboard or the card is defective and your motherboard runs with a different card so…

These sorts of compatibility quirks do happen occasionally.

Also second the notion to try setting your RAM and CPU back to stock speed temporarily. If your PCIe bus speed is any different from stock speed due to the overclock it could impact the card(s).

You say you’ve tried 1 or 2 power cords (assuming you mean PCIe power) - have you tried to eliminate both power cords/ports from the PSU and use different ones? Maybe the PSU isn’t quite feeding enough power down one or both of those ports.

If you can’t do that, maybe try borrow another PSU and try that.

Sounds like you done everything try Reseating your CPU + GPU and if that still gives the error I would rma that graphics card and check if you can see some damage on the pcie contacts on the graphics card .