Please check over my gaming pc build :D

Hello everyone. I'm new to Tek Syndicate today, but have been a fan after watching all of Logan's video's on Youtube. Gosh that guy is funny! So anyways, I've been a console gamer for about 4 years now (Yes I know ive been a sinner) I have always wanted to build a good gaming pc since lately ive been drawn to play games on my laptop since I havent been impressed with what the xbox has to offer lately. Plus Steam is just so freaking awesome! But sadely my laptop hasent been holding up, and after playing Company of Heroes and SWTOR my laptop over heats and an get the black screen of death after 3 minutes. So without further rambling here are the parts I have choosen for my first build I am going to do! Please feel free to let me know what you think and if there are any changes you would make. I hope to very soon join the faster race :D

Case: Zalman Z9 U3 ATX Mid Tower Case

Processor: Intel Core™ i5-3570K Processor, 3.40GHz w/ 6MB Cache

Processor Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Ram: G.SKILL RipjawsX Series 8GB PC3-10666 Dual Channel DDR3 Kit (2 x 4GB)

HDD: Seagate 500GB Barracuda SATA III w/ 16MB Cache

SSD: Corsair Force Series GS SATA III Solid State Drive, 128GB

DVD Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST 24x DVD-RW Drive, SATA, Black, OEM

Graphics Card: MSI R7950 Twin Frozr OC Radeon HD 7950 3GB PCI-E w/ DVI, HDMI, Dual DP

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H w/ Dual DDR3 1600, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, CrossFireX / SLI, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA ( Or a Asrock z77 pro 3, havent decided)

Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme 2 Power Plus 725W

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (64-bit) SP1 DVD - OEM

So I think thats all. I plan to over clock the i5 of course. I also plan on playing RTS games mmo's and FPS games. Hopfully this thing will please me enough that I wont play my xbox unless there are exclusives I want. All in all this build will cost me 1300$ so i hope im getting a great PC for that price and the parts I picked.

Thanks guys!

Kevin

Don't pay for Windows; Linux will soon become the majority gaming OS, leaving you with $99 worth of unused software. I have made 2 options - a 7970 that goes a bit over and a 7950 that is just below. The 7970 build will be more powerful, but offers better price/performance with the AMD FX-8350. It isn't going to be weaker than an i5 3570k build, it will be on par or better than one (watch the benchmarking videos that Logan and the rest of TekSyndicate made a few weeks ago.)The 7950 build is identical, except for the GPU, allowing you to get a few high performing fans for the radiator of the CLC (Closed loop cooler).

AMD 8350, 7970 3GB - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CQn3

AMD 8350, 7950 3GB - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CQs2

If these are too much, I can adjust them to be within your budget exactly. Cheers,

Brennan Riddell