Pixel Xl2 Verizon deal

Well Verizon has dropped a pretty sweet deal on the Pixel 2 XL… 300 dollars off over the course of 24 month payment period. Couple of questions:

1. How much bloatware on the Verizon P2XL?

2. Anyone used Google Fi? I kinda want to get away from the Yoke of Verizon but with Google not really cutting prices on its P2’s I would have to spring for the device at full price and probably not save any money with Google vs Verizon.

I hate Verizon… but the coverage is great where I go including some really backwoods race tracks (yes, a couple of those still exist) so that is always a toss up, i.e. - differing levels of coverage.

1 Like

The most recent I heard is that Verizon is trying to rid itself of the stock of Pixel devices. They’re broken and have a bad microphone flaw. Hence, the ‘deal’. That is all I really know about them though.

The Pixel 2XL Is broken?

I use Google Fi.

I like it because for up to 6 GB of data per month you’re charged for what you use, above 6 GB and you don’t pay any extra. So if you’re a power user and soak up the data the bill will be no more than $80 per month whether you use 6 GB or 16 GB in a month. If you hardly use data at all (WiFi for life) then you’re bill can easily be under $30 per month. International rates are also rather reasonable too.

EDIT: If anybody wants to switch to Fi you can use my affiliate code and we both get a $20 credit :slight_smile:

/shamelessplug

I looked at them but based on my data usage I won’t be able to save much, if anything. I pay about 67 bucks out the door now… with the deal on the XL2 that’ll be 90/month. Where with Google Fi its 20 dollars for UTT, data is 10 per GB so with 3 to 4 GB that is 50 to 60 before fees… and I’m right back at the same amount and have to pay for the phone out of pocket versus over 2 years.

I chose Fi because I use very little data (my bill is averaging under $25 after tax) and I don’t like signing into contracts if I don’t have to.

My brother just signed up for Verizon and I think he says his bill is about $80 per month for unlimited everything as well.

I don’t do the unlimited thing. I just have 5GB with rollover. Hence its about 67… and will be 90 if I get the XL2. I use about 3 1/2 to 5 GB per month. If I could get UTT and not pay for it would make it worth it. I just asked about it to see if it would be that much better over Verizon to make it worth it. Seems like its just another provider.

I bought a pixel 2 xl, although I bought it directly from google and use it on AT&T, but it has stock Android on it. My apps screen:

1 Like

Right. I’m not buying the unlocked device from Google. I’m buying it from Verizon.

It still has a stock version of Android on it.

Right, I know that… however comma I’m trying to find out how much shit Verizon ads. Things like with my S6+ the bloody NFL app that I could not remove.

Ah; well then I lucked out by buying straight from google, because I assumed stock android meant uninstallable carriers apps. My bad.

You would think that… however comma who knows what Google let Verizon do and that can change at any time. Hence I was hoping others here would have experience with it and say their impressions.

Also does the P2XL get updates when on Verizon versus the normal updates from Google.

No, but the Pixel XL 2 has bad hardware.

I enjoy my Pixel Xl 2 but I’m still upset about the dispaly, lack of headphone jack, poor bluetooth capabilities and the glass screen! I never had a phone that scratch this easily before and it’s pissing me off.

I dont care about headphone jack, what are the bluetooth issues. Display seems to have been improved with software and some production changes.

Well pull the trigger last week and got it… wow, what an upgrade. I like the Verizon SMS app better then the Google one so I kept that but really liking how much smoother Android 8 is. Irked Best Buy started offering the instant 200 dollars off on the 1st but oh well… 300 off still a nice bargain on something I needed.

Bootloader locked is the reason I won’t buy it.