Picking up new monitor - 144Hz vs 1440p vs G-Sync

Hi everyone. I'm planning on replacing one of my screens. After doing some research I'm a bit stuck. I already have a 24" IPS screen for viewing content, the new screen is meant for gaming. It has to be 144Hz, 24" and within 400$ range. I'm using Gigabyte GTX 1070 so it would be great to have G-Sync support. Since I'm using 3 screens in total it has to have VESA mount. It would also be great if the monitor had thin bezel.
I've narrowed down my search to 3 options:

1) Acer Predator XB241H
- 1920x1080
- 144Hz
- G-Sync

2) AOC AG241QX
- 2560x1440
- 144Hz

3) AOC G2460PG
- 1920x1080
- 144Hz
- G-Sync

AOC AG241QX seemed ideal (since it has 1440p res) but unfortunately it supports Freesync instead of G-Sync and I don't think I'll be switching back to AMD within next few months. Which one of those 3 would you suggest? Obviously I'd love to check alternative options if you have some suggestions.

2 Likes

Your on Nvidia, so choose a G-Sync panel. This dell is priced very similarly to the others your posted, but has a G-Sync range of 30-165hz and is 1440p.

1 Like

I have the same monitor that thecaveman posted and i love it.

i hear good reception for the Viewsonic XG2703-GS

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/viewsonic-xg2703-gs/

That is indeed a very nice monitor, but it does go for ~$700 whereas the monitors the OP listed are between $350-400 admittedly.

Well indeed the price I'm ready to pay for the new screen is limited. Even the Dell monitor linked by TheCaveman is a bit outside of my reach (not sure why but local price isn't matching the one on Amazon - it is 30% more than the most expensive option I listed :frowning: ).

I would just save up and get a 1440p monitor with gsync. But also what kind of games do you play.

I guess recently I've stick to mainstream mostly. Recently I've been playing some Deus Ex:MD, BF1, CSGO, PUBG, Witcher 3.

I would save your money and get a 1440p monitor thats also 144hz. Like the Dell Gaming S2417DG.

1 Like

Considering this will probably be a long term purchase I guess I'll save up for that Dell monitor. Thanks!

If you do get the dell one you have to enable the 165 hz refresh rate in the monitors osd.

Thank you, I'll read up on it. After spending some time chewing on this I'm leaning towards getting that Dell monitor.

The dell is worth it. I got the 24" for 250 though I doubt you'll find it for that little. 300 is probably more of a reasonable sale price. It's usually on sale

When did you get it for 250.

If you wait a few months, you can have it all.

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-monitors/the-35-rog-swift-pg35vq-gaming-monitor-turns-hdr-and-quantum-dots-up-to-200hz/

1 Like

I'm sure a 3440x1440 200hz HDR G-Sync panel will definitely be within the OP's $300-400 budget :money_mouth:

2 Likes

I'll take 4 please.

1 Like

He still has a few months to save the balance!

1 Like

Just two comments:

1/ Don't go for TN. Just don't, I tried to move from budget Philips IPS to 24" Asus ROG TN 180 Hz, and the image was shit, the viewing angles where terrible.I was happy to get back to my cheap IPS.

2/ G-Sync - well, I didn't see any reason to pay for it extra 200 USD (last time I checked that was the premium for this function). And I really tried to see it, had the ASUS ROG for a month - so think twice is it worth the money?