Photography from the community

There was one I recall trying out like a year ago. It didn’t seem to support pen pressure though.

Found it:

A brief search about the topic suggests that there have been problems with various different pen and tablet manufacturers translating data from pens to browsers, but it appears the issue is largely gone away, I think? At least there’s no recent mentions of it. Not sure what you’re using though so your mileage may vary.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I assumed the pressure wouldn’t be a thing because of it being in a browser at all.

1 Like

Went hiking to Mount LeConte last weekend. Any hikers near the smokies should hike up to it. I took the Alum Cave trail.

9 Likes

Summary

4608 × 3072 pixels (though somethin weird happened when i posted in the lounge but meh, oh and same here…wut?)
10.0 MB
f/5.6
270.0 (35mm film), 180.0 (lens)
iso2800
d3100
Even weeds look pretty in sunrays :innocent:

3 Likes

My granddaughter with the jaws of life last open house.

6 Likes

whats a jaws of life?

They’re used to pry and cut vehicles apart like if someone gets in a bad car accident and the doors are crushed.

3 Likes

So thats like a powered can (in this case, car) opener on steroids…

Cool toy! Lets hope you dont get to use it often, though…

1 Like

If people would just drive safely we wouldnt need them at all.

We are a medium size town and on average they are usually used 2 to 3 times a month.
But in a city and around interstates i imagine they are used a lot more.
There is quite a bit of training involved with using them and the other gear that comes with them.

You can look up videos on youtube on their use. But until you actually use one or calculate the force involved, you have no idea how powerful they are.

Time is of the essence in a vehicle rescue.
And i am very thankful we have them.

3 Likes

check out this guys work… inspiring how he’s taken one idea and ran with it…

1 Like

I want to get good enough to use this lovely piece of kit. For now I just take pictures of it.

10 Likes

What is this exactly? An even older kind of flash photography?

1 Like

It’s a medium format film camera from the late 70s. The first optic is the view finder, the second one exposes the film.
So you open the lid on the top and look straight down to see what the first lens is seeing. Then there’s a knob on the side for focus that moves the whole lens assembly and another one for shutter speed. If you take off the case there’s also an engraved quick guide on how to correctly expose pictures in many different scenarios.

This is the sort of camera that was used to make poster size photos and for a panorama lover like me it’s a dream come true!

6 Likes

its nice.

1 Like

Shes a beaut. Ive had one in my hands before. Since grade school Ive had a lust after a Hasselblad of the same era -Ive also held/shot. I had a granpa that shot slides. Mostly nature/landscape/fauna. So I had the background and then classes and courses. Beyond basic composition of the image phone cams just made things too easy. I try and keep “photography” in my mind even if its just a phonecam. I think Ansel Adams and a box cam w a smartphone.

1 Like

Should I dare invest in OG MF, it’ll either be a Hassie [or a Fuji GF670 / Voigtlander Bessa ]

1 Like

Honestly these are the best I can do with a Google Pixel 6 Pro when I’m actually actively skiing and snowboarding. This is how you do winter right!

12 Likes

And I will follow up with some of my night photos here. They’re not that great but they’re also as good as it’s going to get

I think it was beautiful up there

Night skiing and night snowboarding is just enchanting and there’s no other word for it. Especially when you get the picture. Perfect light fluffy, consistent, steady snow. It just gets gorgeous out there and dangerous but gorgeous

15 Likes

Is this built cam from Graphene or stock Google?

1 Like