Photography from the community

Yeah I can store my raws too, but when I want to view my photos or share with someone, raw isn’t the best option.

I also use Darktable for my raw processing duties.
When you say you use 32 bit jpeg, do you mean jpeg with 8 bit per color?
Because I want to move on from old jpeg and start using new formats, thus asking you guys what where you using and why. AVIF allows me to use 10 bit per color and gives good compression at 90% quality. I’ve seen some comparisons between compressed jpeg, avif and webp at similar compressions and jpeg shows compression artefacts where the other 2 formats don’t.

From my trip to Greece last week. Using a Canon EOS 2000D and EF 18-55mm lens.

8 Likes

Nikon Coolpix A
Mild Colour editing, via Darktable [Relearning]

5 Likes

A few shots of Barcelona at sunset from Parc del Turó del Putxet. Fuji XE-3 and TTARTISAN 23 mm F1.4.

Forgot to post back in June

10 Likes

Barrel cactus and elephant tree Bursera microphylla or torote in spanish.

7 Likes

Fall Day in Utah

Winter is coming

8 Likes

Nice sunset biking home the other day

11 Likes

That’s one postcard of a photo, love it!

1 Like

Nikon Coolpix A
Mild Colour editing, via Darktable [Relearning]

9 Likes
Summary

Nikon d3100 1/2000 f5.6 85mm iso 800 n even tho this camera is way way old, dusty scratchy and the battery life is like 30 mins max, this is so pretty :star_struck: :camera_flash:

and thought it only fair to add a Kangaroo here too so click the details button on this post, the very big comment one, and you can see a whole bunch!

a preview:

yup, i was very, very close… :face_with_peeking_eye:

10 Likes

Really pops out with that contrasting background colour! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Got a couple this weekend that I kinda like. First one has more context. Second one is the same flowers but shot closer so there’s more detail and separation form the background.

7 Likes

Got a soft photo of the eclipse this morning

14 Likes

Lovely lovely photo @marknate24 :camera: :star: :new_moon_with_face:

where i was the moon was dark then basically disappeared completely but we were miles from civilization so… Did you take with a telescope?

7 Likes

goldenangel really did slay with that one, the colors are amazing!!

Which picture?

@Aug was talking about this one right? your church one?

11 Likes

8 Likes

I was talking about your flower shot!

I like the church photo as well. But I think it would have been better with some bracketing and stacking, to help give more detail in both the lighter and darker areas.
For me it feels too dark and that drowns out the (comparatively small) stained glass window.

1 Like