Photography from the community

Click to enlarge. (7MB)
[DELETED]

2 Likes

So pretty! Where is that?

Home. :slight_smile:

Hamburg, Germany.

2 Likes

Looks like such a beautiful place to live!

If you want to live on an everlasting construction site, yes…
:smiley:

Been playing around with my Fuji’s raw files. Definitely not procrastinating.

krancy_Fall_Section3GGHoldingElephantKoreanFlagRiverFlowsUnderBridgeAndThroughYouChillBruhJutCubeWavyLongExposureScreechingLights

Now take a guess where I moved too folks.

2 Likes

[DELETED]

1/5s, f/2, ISO100 with the Summicron R 2/50 on A7RII

7 Likes

grass-3

trail-1

trail-2

trail-4

Highbanks River Bluff Metro Park, Columbus, Ohio.

1 Like

I only have my phone to take photos with these days… I was always too lazy to carry a camera.

3 Likes

Love it! Doesn’t even look real on new phone!

Had to come back to share some nature photos…

2 Likes

Caged flowerVines
I’ve been editing pics all day… it’s to cold to go out and shoot today.

1 Like

CinnamonRolls

ok whenever I upload this to discourse or vbulletin it ruins the colors. but google hangouts makes it look like the edited version

My 80mm has to go.

[DELETED]

Since I now have my set of Summicron R lenses, two of the Loxias have to go.

[DELETED]

Also I’m just no good with a lens as wide as this. So the Heliar is also on the way out.

[DELETED]

1 Like

“This is the look of a mad man.”

I know it’s popular among photographers to take pictures where only one part is sharp and the rest is blurry but I personally hate it. It makes my eyes hurt.

*nods* A matter of personal opinion. It’s not so much of a trend but it is a method used to focus in on one subject. I do agree this picture looks horrible tbh… I think I have my camera on sRGB and it get’s converted to adobeRGB MapleLeaves
MapleLeaves
I mixed up the color space sighs

Personally I love depth of field photography because it makes me feel like I’m looking at the subject in person, mimicking how the eye focuses, but I suppose I could see how it could be distracting.

IMO it’s really the only way to get good macro-style shots:

1 Like

I understand why people do it. But if I wanted to take picture of that bumble bee/honey bee I would zoom in on it or get closer so that most of the space on the photo is taken up by that flower and honey bee. If I wanted to see the background as well I would make it sharp too. Whereas with this picture my eyes are constantly trying to focus on the blurred areas and it’s painful.