Photography from the community

Me no afford de watchover

3 Likes

Found this beauty for a very reasonable price. It is a nice sensor upgrade over my 31 megapixel sensor because it is quite a bit bigger. The only sensors left that are even bigger are the 60mp and the new CMOS 100mp. And those are way out of budget.

Happy camera day! :smiley:

[DELETED]

[DELETED]

Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

6 Likes

Maybe some strobist setups might get this going again?

Four lights, all SB80DX with diffusor caps. One stuffed into a Godox umbrella-softbox on the left, one with a small Lumiquest softbox strapped to it on the right, a bare one from below and a bare one from directly above. A7RII, Leica APO Macro Elmarit R 100mm f/2.8 @ f/16

[DELETED]

Here's a really cool Video explaining in detail the differences In cheap Vs Expensive cameras.
In the video they talk about Video mostly but 99% of what he says can be applied to stills.

Hmm, not really. In the video it comes down to the codec, how does it handle color information, compression and what is the maximum bitrate. In stills you have either jpeg, which is always 8 bit color, or RAW which is 14 bit color in most cameras today. So most of what is in this video is not true for stills.

Took some neat abstracty / texture / architecture stuff.

6 Likes

… aaaand more product stuff. Since I have my video rig complete now the LX100 has to go.

[DELETED]

1 Like

Since I got a slightly older model with an even bigger sensor a few weeks ago I will be selling my H4D-31.
This shot is taken with three speedlights, one in a medium sized lastolite softbox hovering above the camera and one small velcro softbox left in front of the camera kind of pointing at the lens. I used a small reflector to kick a little bit of light into the shadows on the right. The third speedlight is pointed at the background.

[DELETED]

2 Likes

4 Likes

Not a fan oft the last one but the first three are amazing.

MOAR! :+1:

1 Like

Critique me… I’ve never edited anything like that last one before.

Too much contrast? (I know the focus point was weird… )

Two other splashes…

IRL there was a really pleasing gradient of GREEN -> BROWN -> TAN but I did a poor job capturing it.
Editing this one was frustrating.

I figured this one could be useful for stock use… background behind text? I was just experimenting around.
I think I over sharpened and the blacks are too deep… but whatev.

This whole round of photos was taken at Shark Fin Cove, Santa Cruz.

1 Like

5 Likes

I would really like to see you guys discuss editing, equipment and workflow in the darkroom:

The Darkroom (Photography Discussion Mega-thread)

There’s a lot of talent here.

Just gonna leave these here

^lol

^Near Pictured rocks, Upper Peninsula, Michigan

Ewoks are real!

Panasonic GM1 with Pana-Leica 15mm at 1.7.

[DELETED]

Shot on A7RII, Leica APO Elmarit R 100mm, f/16, ISO100
Two speedlights, one inside a roundflash on the camera, one behind a grid and a red gel.
Bunch of LR magic.

[DELETED]

I did a bit more work in post (plugging holes in the backplate mostly) and also changed the crop to get every single usable pixel out of it. Then I went completely bananas on the filters and everything.

[DELETED]

Levels:
Use the white eyedropper on something you know is 100% white, and the black one on the blackest black. That is a good starting point for color correction.

1 Like