Photography from the community

Got bored one morning and took this photo. Ended up liking it a lot.

3 Likes

Just playing around with a Pentax-M 100mm macro that I got a couple weeks ago. I know, it's very bright. I'm still an amateur

2 Likes

F8 1/350 ISO 400 hand held

1 Like

gotta figure out how to get 360's on google maps now

Wrote one that explains how I do it. :)))

http://www.astrordinaryimaging.com/articles/2016/7/7/360-panoramas

Key specs of Google Street View images:
No larger than 12000 x 6000
No larger than 50MB
DOES NOT have to be 360 degree by 180 degree (But must be close)
MUST be in 2:1 Aspect ratio.

If those criteria are met, it'll be projected into a sphere.

I like this one a lot. My friend says I could have aimed a bit more to the right so there wasn't so much blurry fence in the background, but I like how it turned out.

A couple others that I really like are too large so the site won't let me upload :(

1 Like

I got this GT40 and tried to capture my view. I will try again to do better.

edit:
I critiqued the first composition and tried to go wider, then decided the shot I wanted was closer. I re did the lights and took 3 shots. The 2nd one was best. I was surprised that I did not want to touch it at all in Photoshop, it's good RAW.

Cropped and retouched to remove the speaker wire. Color balance & levels adjusted.

hours later:
I did a couple more shoots, re-lighting and moved closer.

I finally moved the speaker so I wouldn't have to Photoshop out the wire. I like it.

The last one have very good focus and popped after I played with the levels a bit. Initially the colors were washed out, over-saturated and royal blue rather than silver blue. The final composition worked out well with the case lights and the reflections.

shot on HTC One M8 Harmon/Kardon (camera sucks) using HDR, ISO auto, no flash, ev 0, AWB > set in pshop.

1 Like

I 84 near Middletown NY

2 Likes

Deer in Backyard and baby turkey on my street after work:)

G
by Jasmin Z., on Flickr

MTB
by Jasmin Z., on Flickr

wild
by Jasmin Z., on Flickr

2 Likes

Just a few test shots with a new lens.

[DELETED]
edit cause images…

5 Likes

the milky way season is ending soon here in western australia. so here's a couple of new ones taken at the lancelin sand dunes before the season ends.

Winters' End

Spring Nights

10 Likes

no hands, ma by Jasmin Z., on Flickr

2 Likes

Was at Yosemite last weekend. Bunch of stargazers there and one of them shined their red light at my camera during a 30 second exposure. Turned out kinda neat though.

3 Likes

I don't do much black and white, but it would have been basically all brown otherwise.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Just want to get some feed back on this picture, I took it with a Note 4 then in order to make it not appear just black when I printed it I tried to brighten it up quite a bit. (Actually this is the original)

1 Like

It is nice on a quick glance or as a Facebook title image or something. I don't think it would look impressive when printed.

I have one printed out already from the original picture and it is about 4 feet wide by 1.5-2 feet tall and it looks pretty good however the city is very dark when printed and the right side of the sky is very dark as well. I have a picture file where I brightened up selected parts of the picture however that file is a Tiff and i would need to convert it jpg