Photography from the community

Picture of the Digico SD9 I was mixing on tonight for the New Years bash at church.

Camera Information:
Canon Rebel T5
Sigma 17-50mm f2.8

Shooting Information:
50mm
f2.8
1/80 sec
ISO 3200

Happy New Years everyone!

4 Likes

I just took this for the timepiece thread.

D5300
50mm
1/160
ISO 800
f 2.2

Couple of quickies of one of my Christmas presents from my other half

2 Likes

my do i ever love chronographs

1 Like

The Rotary chronographs are very nice, yours especially. I'd get one myself but I'm a stickler for mechanical and, forgive me if I'm wrong, the Rotary Black Ocean watches are quartz, no? If only I had the bank account to sustain a nice, mechanical chronograph.

doesn't Seiko have some nice mechanical chronographs?

I believe so but most of the ones I can find in the UK are have a mechanical movement but aren't chronograph or are chronograph but they have a solar powered quartz movement. You have to spend quite a lot before on a mechanical chronograph.

that sucks

I believe so!

It sucks how much more expensive mechanical watches become when you factor in chronographs.

1 Like

winter  leaves

4 Likes

I'm still learning I have only been shooting for about a month now, so I hope you guys like them.

2 Likes

nice long exposure, just think it could use a little more contrast.

I need a lens with more reach...

University of Cape Town...want to study there so much

3 Likes

North Mole Moonset

This shot took a month of planning and practicing. With the aide of The Photographers Ephemeris, I was able to accurately position myself to capture the moon setting behind the North Mole Lighthouse in Fremantle, Perth.
This was shot using a Nikon D750, a Sigma 150-600mm C lens and a Sigma 2.0X teleconverter, bringing the focal length up to 1200mm.

5 Likes

This is a bit different from the pieces you guys have these are from my architectural projects in college, the first one is a water cooling device for the arm just an abstract shot of the tube system if you are interested in more I could make a post with the whole thing. The next are just some random good shots of models with no post editing on any of them just iso changes and different background and light setups. These are all shot off of a phone, or a point an shoot sony so the noise and such is to be expected.

4 Likes

1 Like

Found this from a few months ago. Playing around with a cheap adjustable ND filter.

2 Likes

This is why you shoot in raw.

[view in new tab full resolution]
You can pull out the stars in the sky.
For refference this was shot on a D600 at 11am in june

4 Likes

Isn't that pollen in the air? You can see it on the right side.

1 Like