Photography from the community

haha yeah it is!

Oh okay, so an A80.. something, guessing it would be full frame?

This is No.2 on my wish list.
No.1 is the new Tamron 15-30 f/2.8
http://www.tamron-usa.com/lenses/prod/1530_vcusd.php#ad-image-0

Really my first time using a DLSR or doing any photography apart from using them to film skateboarding.Used a school Nikon D3100 and Kit lens 18-55 mm.These were edited in aperture for a school project.
http://lukefrewin.imgur.com/all/

That's not a lens! It's a damned telescope.

1 Like

Here's my Flickr page; All film photography. I shoot mostly black and white. Let me know what you think!

what scanner do you use? The high-key portrait in the top row seems to have some color fringes in it. Probably from scanning I suppose.

There are some really nice shots in there. The architecture shots look like the ones I got in NYC some weeks ago :)

Did you take your profile pic aswell?

500mm
f11
1/1250
ISO400

4 Likes

I have an Epson V600. It's not the finest scanner in the world, but it gets the job done. If I'm making a really large print I'll have it professionally drum scanned. Yeah, the fringing is from the scan being done in color as opposed to monochrome, where it wouldn't have been as pronounced. The lens I shot it on vignettes a bit too.

Thanks! Didn't take the profile picture however.

I'm getting a V550 for christmas. It's pretty much the same.
I'm looking forward to finally scanning all of my film. The resolution looks good though. What are the biggest prints you have done from that scanner?

1 Like

Oh nice! It's good scanner. I'm really happy with mine.

It depends on the DPI you scan at; I've scanned a few 6x7 negatives at 10000x7500 or so, which is massive. I think the largest print I made from a scan was something like 20x30.

Here's my flickr! I shoot mostly black and white using a Rolleicord Va, though there isn't many new pictures as I don't get a chance to go out and shoot as much as I'd like :(

Also I really have gotten into night photography lately but it's freezing during the winter here; also I don't have a tripod so trying to get a shot without it being just one big blur isn't really going to happen...

Let me know what you think!

Here is a little bit of mine, only really started a couple years ago and just got my first really decent camera recently lol

rest can be seen here --> http://imgur.com/a/mrTqb

1 Like

The first two have been Photoshopped in class, to replace a cloudy sky with blue sky.

film

film

Bought a gh4 today, first time using any kind of dslr or proper camera and these are the first shots I took. Still trying to figure out how to use everything but here are a few shots I took today :)

3 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone.

This is the first time the Full Moon falls on Christmas Day since 1977, the next time will be in 2034.

4 Likes

Those are real purdy. :D
Well, here's a couple of salty dogs from me...

Here's a shot of my favorite synth. I went for a shallow depth of field and grittiness.

1 Like

Complete with fly!

1 Like

First off! Happy 2016! Or at least this part of the world!

This is supposed to be a fairly good number of shots in a series, but for now, I have post processed just 2 shots. The latter shot is the best in the series in my opinion (so, I am kinda getting lazy to post processed the rest LOL plus... real life is gonna play big part and make me very busy)

Well, hopefully, if I can manage to post process the rest, I will share them with you!

Again happy new year!

Follow me in Flickr if you so feel! At https://www.flickr.com/photos/56842701@N02/

Go here to see this photo in Flickr and access my photostream

Shooting Information:

Nikon D5000
Sigma 30mm F/1.4
Manual Mode
4 seconds @ f/2.8
ISO 400
Flash Not Fired

Post Processing Information:

Adobe Lightroom CC 2015
Not Cropped

Go here to see this photo in Flickr and access my photostream