Photography from the community

Couple of shots taken recently

6 Likes

Just got this today! PHUARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary

bloody thing is massive!

4 Likes

Amazing title. Fits it well.

very nice :)

aperture range?

Taken at f/2.8 at 50mm. iso 200.
More info than you asked but... I like to share! lol

1 Like

Thanks for sharing :)

I like to be educated don't worry ;)

Thank you man.

There are more I took here.

1 Like

wow some of them are fantastic :)
I see you use an a77?

1 Like

f5-6.3.

not the biggest aperture. but good enough for what ill be using it for.

What lens is it specifically can I ask?

I have used a few of these mega "all in one" zooms and found them very poor throughout the range, would be interested to see how you get on :)

its a Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 Contemporary.

ill be using it for some moonscapes and moon silhouette shots. reviews about it says its pretty decent. ill have a play with it and see what i find.

2 Likes

look forward to seeing the results :)

Thank you very much.

Yep, I am a Sony user, previously a Minolta user.

1 Like

Out of interest are you likely to upgrade it when sony release their new A mount SLT cameras? They have teased the new A68 so only a matter of time before the A99 and a77 get a refresh :)

cant wait personally!

Apparently not. There are no A-mount cameras planned for release. I'll try and find the source of that if you like.

But I will only upgrade when the a77 falls off a cliff and goes to slr heaven.

1 Like

Really, I saw it on the sony website!?

haha you love it? ;-) I love my a77 MK2 <3

New! :D

Noice.

I don't shoot much tele but if I were too I'm interested in the first party Nikon 200-500 f5.6

although that sigma has a nice zoom range Just a shame it's so slow, f5 is only good for 150-180~ and f5.6 is about 180-320

I am trying to find where the hell I read it. lol. I know the a68 is new, but I was trying to refer to the a99ii or a very small rumour of a 80something model.
I know what I was reading was stating from Sony announcements and presentations and they were quoting that there will be no A-mount DSLRs planned for release and this was only a month ago.
I am flailing without the article and I am just paraphrasing.

I would be interested in upgrading to the 99ii if it comes out. If I can find the money. A PC upgrade is next on my shopping list.
FUCK photography is expensive! lol

1 Like