Phone constantly turns down music

OK, just recently got a Samsung Galaxy A03s from AT&T because I get a discount from them where I work. Everything was going well, until recently.

Since about last month’s update to the OS, my volume when listening to music, keeps being shut down to about half. No matter where I set it.

I’ve adjusted volume settings, set custom volume parameters, changed individual volume levels within most apps.

And I know Spotify has it’s own volume settings, and I’ve changed all of them too.

But whenever there’s a nice loud song, within the first few bars of the song, the volume gets changed back to half. It’s pissing me off. I’m hard of hearing, and I turn it up so i can freaking hear it.

It just did it, and it’s driving me crazy. Anyone else, have ideas?

Hi Mate, sounds like a Volume Limiter or some Kind of Hearing Protection. Apple had this implemented a while ago, so maybe theres some sort of Control or Protection enabled on that too.

Have you also checked the Accessibility Section in your Settings? Im not to familiar with Android …

My phone (TCL 10 5G) with android 11 has a feature for headphones that limits the volume slider to 3/4 of maximum until you click okay on the warning about high volumes being potentially dangerous.

I have had it a couple of times recently where i will have it turned up full and them lock the phone and put it in my pocket, some minutes later the volume will drop and when i unlock it, it has the warning.
This has only happened when it did nit initially trigger the warning for some reason, its like it remembers and then turns it on real quick.

Could it possibly be silent notifications interrupting music playback or triggeting the output volumr in some way?

OK, i’ve checked accessibility settings, and turned off headphone things. and checked other possible settings suggested elsewhere. Turned off all those things, and it’s STILL DOING IT.

I thought maybe it was notification things like @felixthecat suggested, and it’s not that. It literally turns it down to 3/4 and even sometimes half volume.

I don’t know what it is.