Pfsense & Webserver

I am looking at switching my router from a dlink wireless to Pfsense. I was thinking of going with the Netgate 2440, mainly for the size and number of Ethernet ports. I also have a play website which is hosted through godaddy, that is coming up for renewal.

The Netgate 2440 ships preinstalled with CentOS 7. What I would like to do is run the web server and pfsense off that same box. I am finding limited information on doing this.

I don't know how I should go about this...CentOS, running KVM with a Pfsense vm, or run esxi as a base?

Anyone else have experience with this? Thanks!

So I have done a little more research, and have come across the sys-e300-8d, which when comparing the price of the Netgate 2440, and a NUC for a webserver comes out at about the same price. So this is what i'm looking at as a final solution at the moment. I have an old i3 in a roswell case, with a x4 ethernet card and x5 switch I am probably going to run as a test before pulling the trigger, just to make sure everything works right before going for the small form factor as a long term solution, with hopes of room to grow as a home lab.

This is all in an attempt to learn, as well as solve problems I actually have an interest in. Again, if anyone has some suggestions, I am more than welcome to them. I know there are people here smarter and more knowledgeable than I am.