Pfsense build for church with around 30-50 users

Oooh, I do like that idea. That would definitely be a plus.

1 Like

you can download the controller software, install it and have a look - of course without all the functions - but user management you can peak at

Did you perchance take a look at the layout? Most of the walls have brick. For the main sancturay and the lobby (Where I need network connection most importantly ATM) Would 2 of the UA AC AP PRO be enough?

I saw the layout - what thickness are the walls? are they brick only or is there a concrete/steel reinfocement in them?

The APs by the way have PoE so you only need one wire there - I would buy the three - or maybe as you want to extend anyway the 5 pack which allows for a small discount.

Than just test the reception before mounting them permanently and doing any drilling.

A lot of brick and plaster, It's like a 200 year old building.

Yeah I would realy suggest testing the reception - one way would be a adhoch hotspot of a cell-phone or laptop and than with another cellphone thest the signal - if you still got one with that setup the accesspoint is way enough as its stronger

I think I know of some software that does that.

inssider is for android for example - just use some device as "AP" and than walk the premise of the building

Cool, Thanks! You have been a lot of help as well as @SgtAwesomesauce

2 Likes

Glad we were able to help.

Thanks @Th3Z0ne for going in depth on the Unifi ecosystem. I'm only familiar with the edge router and AP equipment.

For the record, their cloud controller software has a free demo set of hardware you can play with if you'd like. Go sign up and play around. You'll be able to see if it does what you want it to.

Oh, that's new ... thanks did not know about that demo =)

P.s. you can connect the controller to their "cloud" but you do not have to!

Yeah, I don't connect my clients for "privacy", but I've got nagios monitoring on all their stuff, so that's a thing.

1 Like