Petition to urge the White House to reclassify ISPs

Link: http://wh.gov/lEJ04

The formatting that the WH site did is b0rked... here is the text:

By the terms of Title II of the Communications Act of 1934 Section 230 it is the policy of the United States to "promote the continued development of the Internet and other interactive computer services and other interactive media;" and to "preserve the vibrant and competitive free market that presently exists for the Internet and other interactive computer services". The decision reached by the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia in the case of Verizon v. Federal Communications Commission has effectively ignored current US policy. Reclassifying ISPs as common carriers would give the FCC the ability to enforce current the US policy as established by the 1996 Telecommunications Act in an easier and more direct fashion.

As I was limited to 800 characters this is the shortest way I found that I could express my point.

Please sign and share this petition if you agree with it.

signed, good luck, will share

+1

also post this on all the other forms you go to and or facebook twiter youtube text phone calls streams ext.

everything

spam it like no tomorrow   

ps spam it

They already responded to a successful petition on this topic a couple of weeks ago:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/reaffirming-white-houses-commitment-net-neutrality

It not the greatest answer, but that is the administration's position.

Well Promoting this petition could elicit either a different response (differently worded, clearer, etc.) and at the very least show that people really do want this. 

that is more than just 1 petition has.

I signed the last one,  signed this one. I'll continue to hope for a world where we don't need VPNs and the like to feel secure. I don't have many friends but what few I do have will be informed of this petition.

C'mon, we need more signatures!

Signed, Good luck to you, I spread shared it as well.