Performance of Linux on Ryzen 5 3400G with MSI b450 Tomahawk motherboard

Hey
What are your thoughts about MSI B450-A PRO MAX for Ryzen 5 3400G. I thinks it is cheaper than Tomahawk.

1 Like

Looks to be fine, it has a 4+2 phase VRM setup and should easily handle the 3400G for sure.

Hey can you tell me where I can learn these things about VRM phase and all. I want to learn everything about motherboard in detail.

I just look at the reviews. TomsHardware usually does good in-depth ones, and Anandtech often does overviews of full lineups and the basic specs. For VRM stuff buildzoid is an excellent source as well, IIRC he has his own YT channel and comes on GamersNexus sometimes.

1 Like

Thanks buddy. I will check it.

1 Like

not sure if you looked at this, but find a good board with a good power delivery (VRMs) and has features you are looking for.

A friend who I helped with a build went with the b450 carbon because he wanted the wifi antennas built into the board.

I have the b450 tomahawk with a 2700X, I haven’t had any issues with the motherboard. I think my only warning is that the board has a total of 3 usb A ports and 1 type C. If you have a lot of usb peripherals, consider getting a pci or external addon card, or use the front panel usb a connectors

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion buddy.