Performance ghost in pc

You don’t necessarily need to get a new CPU to hit a higher clockspeed. Try searching for 1.2v memory instead of 1.35v. 1.2v is the standard DDR4 voltage, meaning that the overclock on a 1.2v dimm is going to be closer to JEDEC spec and more likely to be stable.
If you get JEDEC 3200mhz memory, it will run 2933 on your platform by default, and will be stable as long as the memory isn’t defective. I did this, and was able to run tightened timings and 3200mhz and have not experienced any notable instability at these settings so far.

That said, finding memory based on JEDEC 3200mhz specification is not always an easy time. afaik, there’s only two kits being sold on the consumer markets, and one is a very pricey crucial kit, and the other is a particular ADATA kit that I got specifically because it was JEDEC and I wouldn’t need to deal with XMP or compatibility fuss.
1.2v 3200mhz kits in general, though, should at least be stock 2666 or 2933 with a mild overclock, if not stock 3200mhz kits with tightened timings, I would think. No guarantee, but the lower the voltage, the less likely it is you can get a higher overclock, and the more likely it is that the actual stock specification for the memory ICs is higher.

Solved:
Bought new CPU : R5 5600X

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.