PDF Writers, these days (In 2018)

So I’ve been using Adobe 9 Pro for years now, but I was a little disappointed with it recently when I was PDF’ing a document. I have Win10 and the built in PDF gubbins did a much better job with my image based letterhead. I spent 5 minutes twiddling with the Adobe settings and just lost the will to continue.

The only reason I don’t give up on Adobe all together is because I mainly do large format PDF’s (construction drawings, etc.), which is where it does work very well. Once I set up the config files, it works flawlessly and it was money well spent (for business use at least).

If you have the need for creating PDF’s, what do you use?

• Adobe Latest version
  • Adobe Older version
  • O/S Built In
  • Free stuff
  • Paid for non-Adobe product

0 voters

Thanks!

LibreOffice has an option to export directly to .pdf

At work I also use CutePDF, which acts as a virtual printer and hasn’t let me down so far.

1 Like

I don’t PDF that much, however every time I wonder “can this program can export to PDF?” the answer is usually yes. If the software is very old (from before exporting to pdf was cool) “print to PDF” does the job.

Yeah, I never have to do anything fancy with PDFs, so the built-in stuff is nice and works really well for me.

LibreOffice usually does what I need, and if you use Headings correctly, it will export with a proper table of contents.
I think I might have used Inkscape a few times as well.