Pcie Gen4 NVMe Questions?

Music, always if you like it. Unless you only listen to stuff that’s repeated ad nauseam on pop radio stations, you could have difficulty finding things again 10 years from now. License agreements will change, and seeders will disappear.

Movies are the same. If you really like a particular translation of anime or some other not-really-mainstream shit, expect a hard time in the future finding it again in a way that hasn’t been fucked with. You can safely delete Shrek 3.

1 Like

Yeah, this is pretty much why I haven’t deleted my movies. I’ve slowly added various movies to my Bluray collection; since the fidelity is better. But yeah I get tired of having movies coming and going on streaming platforms. Or with dates, friends, and family they want to watch a movie and we cant stream it, but I can stream it via my PC.

1 Like

I always invest in the physical media if I like it. May find it on a stream, but if I want to keep it for ever, then I buy, rip, then store the physical copy.

Yes, it feeds into my hoarding psychosis.

2 Likes

Yes… I don’t even know on what service are the movies I want to watch. There are like 5 bijillion streaming services nowadays.
The music maybe not so much, since everything is on youtube, but I still have my MP3s on my phone when I just walk around. It’s handy to have some library at hand…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.