PCIe 3.0 GPU on PCIe 1.0a slot

woops did not see the gaming edition on it. Yeah after seeing some reviews of the krait edition it caught on fire 0.0............

lol yeah the krait is basicly rubbish.
For an FX4300 or FX6300 it would be okay, but definitely not for an FX8 core.

Still i would probably recommend the skylake i5 over the FX8320 from a gaming and future point of view. (if he could afford)
But thats ofc something for op to decide himself.

FX8320 with a r9-380 is basicly a fine combo aswell for that matter.

At this point in time of CPU, Go intel there is no point of going AMD nowadays for gaming.

I want to stick with AMD because it is counter intuitive to support them by using their competitors product, and AMD might enter gaming market with Zen but who knows. Zen apus with hbm will be nice.

Zen APUs with HBM win the 1080p market

Supporting AMD is great and all, and their CPUs aren't bad for a lot of lower budget use cases, but they can really hold things back for gaming in particular, though I get by just fine on my 750K + 7850

Im fine with just getting by for gaming, but the extra 8 cores are going to be nice. Especially with my animation homework. Isnt hyperthreading just splits the ipc of a core in 2 so you can get 2 slower cores but the benefit of multiple cores?

Kind of, but the per core performance is so great now that it beats out an FX 8 core, it was a better tie back with the 3xxx series, but games and software didn't get optimized for multi-threaded workloads, so intel beat out AMD overall due to the single core advantage they had, among other things