Pcie 1x usb 3.1 gen 2 card

I need a usb c 10gb/s connection for my intel realsense camera and my computer has only a 1x pcie 3.0 slot available the closest thing i have found is this but I do not know if it will work in my computer because it has an i2c bus that attaches to the host computer and is rated by hp to only work with a few prebuilts with the i2c bus but i can not find any other cards does anyone know if this card will work without the i2c bus or a different card?

What is the computer model? Have you tried using a usb A to usb C cable with the camera, on a 3.1 gen 1 port?

1 Like

my motherboard is a msi x370 gaming pro carbon and a ryzen 1800x and i only have the top slot available. I am almost using all of my pcie lanes and I have 1 1x slot available

You require 10gbps?

PCIe 3.0 has ~7.88gbps per lane, and then there’s overhead on top of that for the USB controller. You won’t be able to hit 10gbps on 1x.

USB 3.0 is now called USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Speed up to 5Gbps) Fucking USB people need to die for all this trash

nope only need 3.0

Sauce :https://www.intelrealsense.com/depth-camera-d455/

checked a few other all are just 3.1 gen1 requirements

Get a usb hub, move other things to the hub and have the camera be direct connect to mobo

1 Like

Then it’ll work on a 1x connection.

But this is definitely better. I’ve got USB capture devices that only work off a direct-to-cpu USB controller.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.