PCI wireless for Windows 10

So I have windows 10 on my machine now. I feel.... Less than human at the moment.

I need a new wireless card. On my wobo I don't have PCIe slots available. I have PCI though, and I can plop stuff on that. So, I need a PCI wireless card, N at least, to use in 10. I have a TP-Link WN751ND but W10 and 8 have a small kernel panic and explode internally whenever I try to use it. There aren't official drivers on the TPL site either though they are in 10 and 8. It still kernel panics though....

Even a thing for PCI that I put a laptop wifi card into would work great.

If a tp-link card isn't working for you, IDK what will.

Furthermore I haven't seen any pci device that is listed to work with windows 10.

Side note: You don't have money for a proper laptop because this older tech is literally bleeding you dry.

Sell it off at a garage sale, buy something new off system 76 and go about your day. I literally feel bad watching your struggle with this crap.

Its a desktop, not a laptop.

W10 isn't famous for supporting old hardware.

How about a USB solution?

Or, perhaps you can find a PCI to mini PCIe adapter, or a PCI to M.2 adapter? That way, you can use a laptop WiFi card.

1 Like

Yes, but you are talking about a laptop in your other thread.

I pay close attention to all your posts. : P

Where would I find such things? The adapter stuff.

Ahhhh .... DuckDuckGo?

How about something like this and this?

EDIT: Sorry, that may not be the best choice, as that adapter is for a full length mPCIe card. You can get WiFi cards in the full length format, or there are spacer brackets available to allow the use of a 1/2 mini card in a full length space.

EDIT2: I don't know what your budget looks like, but here's a nice full length mini card.

lol I have plenty of those cards. I just need the bracket dingle do.

But jeez 35? That seems like a bit much but it is a niche product.

Yeah, niche and low volume. : (

Now that you know what you're looking for, perhaps you can find an alternative. Lots of Chinese vendors advertise this sort of stuff on eBay. Give that a try.

..............This isn't that thread.

Still applies.

If you had a modern desktop, you wouldn't be having issues finding a weird one off PCI card that works with windows 10 and linux.

If you do end up finding a card that works, its going to be at least 20 bucks. Worse yet, the only one that I have found that seems like it would work with win 10 is 75 bucks : (

...........I have a 3rd or 4th gen xeon how many buy-ins on intel do i have to do to be "modern"????