Pci-e performance loss on 8x slot?

No the bandwidth is plenty, the only major difference you'll see is when using dual GPU setups as shown in the article I linked, or, for better compute performance when doing more advanced things. Remember, the Titan is a very high end gaming card but also doubles as a nice workstation card so that's the point behind having the full x16 connection. In a workplace every second counts so in a home setup you won't see much of a difference, but in a workstation you'll be able to render things ever so slightly faster and in business; time=money.

Sorry, I brainfarted. I misread @urbanman2004 s post and read a "no performance loss" therefore your post must have been a contrary position.

i feel like i need to say again that i'm just trying to match the same hardware not get a good score. the ram being a pretty clear issue for some reason in my case.

the system ram is scoring lower than the same model sticks in smaller configurations on other systems. their score averaging 2200 in 16gb dual channel configuration , but on my system scoring 1800 in 24gb triple channel configuration.

perhaps the system ram is affecting the gpu score.again i'm not comparing similar ram I'm comparing it with the same exact sticks

I have asked fouquin this. Its basically nothing.

Where are the x8 slot GPUs? Or just x4?

I suppose the x16 connectors are used to better distribute the weight since the bandwidth isn't needed unless you are using PCI-e gen 1.

That brings up a question I have for RyZen. It has 16 lanes of Gen 3.0 bandwidth it can use.

Technically, that means it could give four GPUs each four Gen 3.0 lanes. Which shouldn't bottleneck them. Theoretically at least. Unless multi-GPUs needing mirrored VRAM buffers means the bandwidth require goes up for each GPU as a new one is added, and since AMD uses the PCI-e lanes for that instead of dedicated bridges now, that'd be relevant to consider.

I believe I've seen 295x2 tested with this as well and it had similar results, but it wouldn't have the bandwidth usage mirroring the VRAM (I don't know if it actually does that, but I assume since I know they need to be identical).

can someone like close this thread?

Literally the first response I got answered the question.

My RX460 is mechanical x16 but the pins are only populated till x8. So there you go. They exist.

1 Like

That is very interesting. Thanks for the info.

I mean, if you don't like the notifications, you can set the thread to muted or normal on the right.

Some people like to discuss things beyond just the first answer.

2 Likes