Pc won't boot

I just build a pc a few days ago everything was working fine but now it will not boot from hdd or dvd drive or usb

Go into your bios and try re setting you boot options to 1: dvd 2: Hdd 3: usb and if that works you should be able to re install windows onto the hard drive no problem.

now if you cant even get into your bios on your motherboard it may be DOA in that case call up the person you bought it from and ask them what to do next.

Hope it helped!

I have done this but same thing blank screen after bios graphic with a flashing underscore can't type on 

I will try changing sata ports and cords when I get home from work.  If this does not work I will post again.  Thanks for the help. 

Like Waffletime said, you sure you have the HDD as a main boot drive?

I know couple people who couldn't boot because they left an USB drive connected to the motherboard and it was higher than the HDD on the boot priority list.

Just set hard drive as first and leave it at that. If you need to re-install Windows or want to use a bootable Linux distro, use the boot menu instead of changing the settings in BIOS.

I have tried all the things you have said then I have tried to make the disk drive as only boot device and still same thing black screen after bios graphic. the thing is that it worked just fine at first boot then it got really slow to the point that it would not even let me log in to  ubuntu then this has happend 

Sounds like either a bad motherboard (SATA port) or bad hard drive.

What happens if you disconnect all your drives and usb thumbs? Do you get a no bootable device error? Also do you hear any beeps from your computer when you start it?

Does the drive even spin or get recognised in the BIOS?

Yes, it does both 

go back to the mother board and check the plugs !

This is merely my take on it from similar experience:

Start over fresh.

Check the motherboard's manufacture website on which pins on the board to jump and proper procedure in order to "completely" reset the board to factory settings. Going into BIOS and selecting "default settings" does not always work.

Turn the powersupply off, unplug the power cable.

Unplug the cables for all storage and media devices. Disc drives, HDD, SSD, USB.. everything.

Reset the board, jumping the pins per the manufactures instructions.

With everything still disconnected, plug your power cable back in and turn the PSU on.

Turn the system on and let it POST. Then turn it back off.

Turn the PSU off again and plug in the sata cable only for the disc drive and the drive you want to use as your primary boot drive.

Turn it back on and let it POST again. Turn it off.

Place your OS install disc into the disc drive turn the system on and do the install.

You should know what to do from there.

I know it seems like a long drawn out process but, it helps to get rid of any fluke variables that could be causing problems. If you still have problems aftwerwards, then start trouble shooting cables connectors, maybe replace your HDD.

Thank you so much for all your help everything seems to be working fine now 

So what did the problem end up being, what did you do to fix it?

I'm not sure one of the problems was the copy of Ubuntu I had  then the drivers that it offered was wrong.  But once I cleared the CMOS it allowed me to reinstall Ubuntu and so far everything is fine as long as I do not install the drivers it suggest  

Check the GPU manufactures website to see if they have the specific updated driver for Ubuntu. Sometimes, just like with windows, it takes Ubuntu a little while before they update their repository.