Pc vs next gen console

Ok guys. So im just about to order the parts for a 1400$ gaming pc. Im conflicted though. I see the new stuff about the next gen consoles being alot like pc. So where do you think this is going to go. Will we see more pc like games on a console? Like mmo's and strategy games. I feel like right now its hard for me to pull the trigger and order my computer parts, cause i'm afraid pc gaming will be put on the back burner for years while all this new console stuff happens. Anyways, what do you guys think about all this? Will pc gaming still thrive through steam and still have AAA games come out for it, And will it still have better graphics than these new consoles. Or will the lines be blurred and pc put to the side for a while?

if you were to spend as much as you would on the next gen console towards a pc the pc would preform better and is always upgradeable and is obviously a computer.

PC gaming will actually benefit a great deal from this next generation of consoles. The new systems will have specs more similar to a very cheap PC than the previous generation of consoles. In particular, the new x86 processors in the PS4 will make developing for both the console and PC much easier, consequently, we will see much better PC ports, that are released closer to the game's launch on console.

In particular, the new x86 processors in the PS4 will make developing for both the console and PC much easier, consequently, we will see much better PC ports, that are released closer to the game's launch on console.

This. The new Watch Dogs trailer has actually given me some hope for next gen consoles, and PC ports in general.

WIth all this being said about us getting good ports now. Do you think the lines will be blurred as far as graphics go? Or will PC always have the options to look leaps and bounds better? I'm sure for maybe a year it will look close, Or maybe PC already is ahead. I'm just leary that ill go buy this new computer and feel it wasnt worth the money cause the next gen will look just as good, and have more mmo and strategy type games.

Consoles have been headed towards PC's since their inception.  Hell, they were originally marketed as family computers (Famicom anyone?).  Current and future consoles will always benefit from the developers having low level access to the hardware, and knowing exactly what everyone's hardware is.  PC Game devs have to program for every kind of AMD and Nvidia card.  This is easier by using API's like DirectX or OpenGL, but we all know that this doesn't mean that it will have 100% compatibility with every card.  Anyone who tried playing Fable 3 on an AMD card knows that.  There are countless other examples of this.  If any of this is misleading or wrong, please correct me, I'm a hobbyist, not a computer engineer.

That being said, when considering any gaming platform, the most important thing is :   GAMES.

When ever you think "I want a PC for gaming!" or "I need a PS4!" it should be immediately follwed by "So I can play..." If the platform doesn't have enough games to make you want to play it, then you shouldn't get it, you'll only end up with buyers remorse.  How many games is "Enough"?  That depends on the person.  I bought an Xbox 360 so I can play Black Ops with some friends who're too dumb to build a PC as well as Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and a few others.  I got it dead cheap though, so it was worth it.  My PS3 has a shelf full of games, 20+, and my PC has like 100 on Steam, plus a few hundred laying around here.