PC Upgrade Questions

Hey everyone,

Recently my dad gave me a relatively shitty desktop pc that I want to upgrade for every day use/gaming. Because I am a cheap ass, this build is going to be over a long period of time. So my first question is, WHAT SHOULD I UPGRADE FIRST?

Current specs:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (E7400)
  • Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-CM
  • Memory: 3GB (PC2 6400 gold series 2GB + Crucial BL11196.56 1GB DDR2)
  • Power: Powerman? 350W
  • Memory: 160GB Western Digital Drive 1600AAJS
  • Video: Integrated

So from watching the videos on youtube, the first thing I need is to upgrade my power supply. Smack on the Corsair 500W.

After the power supply upgrade, seeing as the processor wont let me do anything, I figured I should look at that next. Following the cheap ass build, I looked at upgrading my processor to the AMD A6-5400K, along with the ASRock FM2A75M-DGS Motherboard to house the thing. I realized that there are only a few processors that are FM2, so that lead me to thinking I should lean into something that has more variety. IE, I went to the $550 gaming rig set up video and I thought about picking the motherboard and the processor from that. My question: FOR THE LONG RUN, SHOULD I PICK UP THE FM2 PROCESSOR? AM3/AM2+? OR 1155?

Link to Part Picker

After those 3 upgrades, I would think I would be set for the time being for just some day to day use, and super light gaming which I can live with. I've never actually had a computer with a dedicated graphics card yet.

So from there, after the power supply, motherboard, and processor upgrade, my next thought would be to upgrade the graphics by putting in my first graphics card. Blah blah blah.

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/un3h

If this in your budget, get this configuration. The absolute best bang for the buck