Hi, guys, trying to use SansDigital ToweRaid used an enclosure for three HDDs:
- Seagate ST500LM012 HN-M5 SCSI HDD
- WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2 SCSI HDD
- Seagate ST9500325AS SCSI HDD
Plugged into a PCI-e x4 extension card RocketRAID 622 SATA Controller (from the same manufacturer) via eSATA cable. Inside of the main PC also got four drives, hence the reason for TowerRaid: two SSDs, two HDDS.
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5-4670K, 3800 MHz (38 x 100)
RAM: 2 x Corsair XMS3 CMX16GX3M2A1333C9 8 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
MB: ASRock H97 Pro4 (2 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
BIOS: AMI (07/27/2015)
GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 (8 GB)
PCI-e x4 Storage Controller: RocketRAID 622 SATA Controller + eSATA plug.
Now, the main issues:
- Win10 doesn’t boot IF TowerRaid(TR for short) in on(switch on the back in flipped ON). Even if I select Win10 boot drive from BOOT menu, PC goes into a flickering screen with " _ " on it. Only escape from it in to reboot again.
- No other systems are installed anywhere.
- Prior to MB logo, TowerRaid does into its menu:
if TR is ON, it shows all drives it has, but does nothing, since there is nothing in menu the could be selected.
if TR in OFF - is for what I’ve been doing to boot at all - menu does nothing.
- Tweaking BIOS does nothing for me, since BOOT priorities are override the moment PC goes in reboot. Same for manual selection to boot from main Win 10 SSD.
- And with TR OFF, Win10 boots normally and does it’s loading, etc - as per normal boot.
- Once in the OS, I flip the switch on TR, it starts, boots, checks all the drives, and appears to function normally.
- Problem is:
a) takes good 5-6 min for it to do so;
b) OS stutters horribly, nor I can access drives normally once in it does so. During it, three LEDs on TR start flickering red, and when all do at once, TR goes dark for about a 20 seconds - then cycle continues.
c) even when it goes normally, 30-40 mins in, stutters are coming back. And during it - same as before.
- When booted into OS, I flip the switch on the TR(“safe” as per instruction manual says), PC goes high-wire and Coil-Whines badly - and only stops once turn PC OFF.
Any suggestions? If additional info needed, please ask.
P.S.: If this post is in the wrong category, please let me know.