PC Speaker Recommendation?

So right now I have Logitech G560 speakers. I like them, except every once in a while they stop working and I’d have to unplug them and plug them back in and then re-apply all the settings again. It happened like once a month so I just considered it a minor inconvenience.

Well, recently I switched to Linux so I can no longer install G-Hub to manage the lighting. So when my speakers cut out two days ago I unplugged them and plugged them back in. Sound works again, but I have no control over lighting, so I’m just stuck with them cycling through all the colors. Plus they have reactive lighting, so when a big explosion happens or something they get super bright. This normally wouldn’t bother me that much if I could just keep them as one solid color. But the combination of the two is suuuper annoying.

So I’m looking at getting some new speakers, unless someone knows how to get G-Hub working in Linux or a simple alternative.

My budget is around $100. Any recommendations? I would prefer just some desktop speakers; no subwoofer.

I had Bose Companion 2 speakers before and I liked them. Might go back to those just because they were simple and sounded pretty decent.

Edifier R1280T from Amazon. Recently had my old megaworks 2.1 die and I just wanted something cheap and easy. They sound surprisingly good for what they cost. I got mine on sale for around 70,- Euros.

2 Likes

If you don’t need accurate sound reproduction, how about a sound bar?

I’ve been happy with the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks.

Maybe just outside your budget, but simple, sound great, look good, no RBG BS, just line input…

They do have a sub, but that can sit beside the desk…

Those look really nice. I’ll add them to my list.

I thought about that too, just for simplicity. I am a liiittle skeptical about sound quality with a cheap sound bar though, just from what I’ve heard.

Oooh I forgot about those. I’m actually looking more around $100-$150, but I’ll definitely consider.

1 Like

I’ve had mine since 2012 or so.

Love them. They absolutely crank for what they are.

I’m looking for some new speakers myself, since I bought some cheap 2.1 ones a few years back. (the volume knob is getting all flaky). I’ve been looking at the Bose also, but I’m thinking the Audioengine A2 Plus would be awesome, but that would blow your budget. (and mine). lol

I second this. I have the same-ish speaker. I have a R1280DB. Its powered speaker. Has Bluetooth, RCA, SPDIF… The thing about it is that base is a bit lacking. It wont have the punch that you may look for especially for gaming but its more than adequate. If you are looking for a 2.1 system with a subwoofer option, maybe get a R1850DB. Its slightly more than a 100USD but its more flexible. It doesnt come with a subwoofer though.

Still, value for money, you cant go wrong with R1280DB.

Was about to recommend Kanto YU6’s, just that they are 4x your budget.

Presonus Eris E3.5 may be an option.

Fluid Audio F4’s are also good, just have an odd volume control.