PC sometimes restarts and I can’t get my screen back

This is a reoccurring problem although the last time this happened it was 5 months ago and hadn’t happened since then.

It usually goes like this:

The computer is put to sleep and after waking it up, the screen will not turn back on. No amount of clicking or hitting of keys will wake the screen up. Next, I will hit the reset button on the PC. After this happened the PC will restart on its own multiple times (during this time the screen will not come on either). So I decide to pull the power out of the wall and wait 10 minutes. After doing this, the restart cycle stops and the computer turns on to what I assume a normal state. The big problem is I do not have and screen still. It is just blacked out like it isn’t getting any input.

Previously when this problem happened it randomly worked after a restart. So far this is not the case.

Note: not even the bios screen shows on boot up.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Other information: Windows 8.1 home 64 bit 8GB KINGSTON RAM intel i5 cpu Intel ssd Nvidia 760 video card ROG Maximus v impact motherboard

Does it happen with a different monitor

Yes, I have tried it with display port on my old monitor and with hdmi with my new monitor. It yields the same results.

Well we can rule out the monitor, do you have the latest bios and motherboard drivers
If we can rule out the Mobo it might be the GPU

I recently updated the bios and you but the motherboard might need to be upgraded. I will search up the driver for it and report back the results.