Pc restarting problem. Looking for some help

Hi guys im looking for some advice on things to try in my system. Since being built it started cutting off, but only when it was during the 3dmark benchmark, on the demo of icestorm. Just black screen, system off and restart.

Before i go any further, here is the system specs

Core i7 950 3.06ghz (not overclocked)
Palit Gtx 770 Jetstream 2gb Edition (Base Clock 1150MHz/Boost Clock 1202MHz / 3505 MHz (DDR 7010 MHz)
Asus p6x58d-e
12gb Exceleram 1600mhz (3x4gb sticks)
600w evga bronze 80plus psu
Liteon ihas 124b
coolermaster tx3 cooler
4 120mm fans
1 usb wifi n tp link adapter
1 wifi keyboard and mouse adapter

I have tried several things ive read online and with help from some nice people.

Heaven benchmark = pass
Valley benchmark = pass
3dmark icestorm = FAIL PC RESTARTS
Memtest = Several hours and no errors
Intel burn in test on 20 pass = No pc crash or reboot
Occt = PC goes to black screen but does not crash
Bluescreen viewer = Found no logs for it
Updated bios driver
Updated windows
updated direct x
updated nvidia driver
Tried older nvidia driver
Tried windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
Downclocked the card to stock speeds
gpuz logs, no errors
Chanced ram to x.m.p = tried slowing it down / speeding it up, lowering qpi voltage and upping dram voltage (then back to reset memory voltages)
Tried a multimeter in the psu whilst testing, solid 5v and 12v rails, no heavy flux or dips (made video of these)
Tried a crappy ati 3470 in the system, fired through the 3dmark benchmark no bother, no system crash
tried it with 1 mem stick
tried with 2 mem stics

Tried my GTX 770 in my mates pc / his spec
amd 8350 8 core 4.2ghz
8gb ddr3
1tb seagate
liteon ihas
r9 270x

My gtx 770 benchmarked fine in 3d mark passed with flying colors, his r9 270 passed on the same test in mines

So the pc crashes in that benchmark. But i attempted to play assassins creed 4 and it was fine for 4 hours or so, went to play today and crash restart like before, no blue screen nothing.

So i cant play any games, as stressing this seems to do this to it. I feel like ive been through eveything i can possibly think of. And my missus is pretty annoyed ive spent all this money and its not working as it should.

I thank anyone who has read this and if you can help me ill gladly take the time to try anything you can think off.

Thanks you

That final 3dmark test is a real cpu hog - what happens if you drop the oc (even just a bit) on your cpu?

Good thing is your gpu & ram is fine. That leaves the mb or psu really, or the oc as above.

If you are able to grab that same mates psu to test in your rig it would be sweet. There may be a failing 12v rail. If its one of the older ones that had multi rails then the chances are higher that its at fault.

In short - drop the oc, retest - if still fails then its a problem with psu or m/board.

Hi thanks for the reply

I dropped the oc on the card back to stock 1045mhz with no turbo. I don't think my cpu is overclocked at all mate, i never changed any settings for it.

ive asked him if i can borrow his pc to try it, just waiting on a reply he dosent finish till late today, would be weird a failing 12v rail, as it seems solid in the voltmeter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bNzTUi3ADQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjHA0QOfuU&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSc3tUm10YQ

ok matey i dropped the gpu core speed down to 1059 for 1150, and i turned off the intel turbo on the cpu, it didnt look overclocked at all.

I ran the benchmark again and same issue pc restarts. 

As for temps i set the gpu fan to 75 percent to keep it cool and the cpu cooler is auto

so before test starts temps were gpu 27 / cpu  41

When cutting off was 55 for both mate

also mate is letting me try his psu on thursday so hopefully it will be that and easy fix

All that comes to mind is that the psu is dying - the voltage is still strong, perhaps the amperage drops after a given time to a range that is below of what a gtx770 will run at.

These are official psu requirements and by no means definitive across the board.

GeForce GTX 770 - 42A and a 600W PSU minimum

Radeon R9-270X - 24A and a 500W psu minimum

Going by that all I can assume is that since your mates r270 passed and the gtx770 failed, yet in his system your gtx770 passed. There is an issue somewhere in the psu.

I have the very same x58 board as you, brilliant piece of gear but perhaps even there is an issue with the pcie slot itself. Perhaps its worth a shot trying the other pciex16 slots. Even updating your BIOS may resolve it, its a long shot but worth a try.

Hi mate yeah one my my thoughts was the amps on the psu, as his xfx psu seems much higher rated in that aspect than mines does.

I have updated the bios and trying a different pci wil be not a problem, he is bringing his pc over for me at the weekend. 

It would ave been today but ive been dying. Total man flu 

well mate was over with his pc, and decided to try everything again before we ripped out the psu. So first thing we tried. Was his dual channel 1600mhz mushkin ram. Pc passed the test first time, had it set on xmp, 9-9-9-9-24 with 1.50v

Tried my ram in dual channel same settings, worked first time, tried triple channel, crashed. Dropped the triple channel to 1333mhz, because the missus noticed on the manual it says it supports 1066,1333,2000 o.c, so once i dropped it.

Problem solved. Thats rather odd after trying changing voltages and such, and no go, even with 1 stick, some setting must have been changed. 

So i guess this solved the benchmarking crash. tried it 3 times to be sure, but its weird the 1600mhz profile works on dual channel sticks but not tripple. Very odd

either way happy bunny

Yay. 

thanks for the help matey