PC randomly boots and wakes up

did you allready try to disable the awake timer in power options?

I could not find that.

It says:
"Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0"
So no source? Whats up with this?

Same issue for me but I'm using a Z97 board, a 4790K and W7 Pro 64-bit (more details about the build in the profile). Sometimes I have this issue, sometimes not. And all I can see using the command "powercfg -lastwake" is power button turned it back on (disconnecting the case's power button from the motherboard didn't fix the issue). I just stopped using the sleep mode on my PC, that's it.

better take it to this lady

This was happening to my girlfriends computer. Are you by chance using Norton as your current Antivirus? There is a setting in norton that caused her computer to wake from sleep after only a short while.

No.

It could be a faulty power switch. To test, cross over the power and reset switches.

If you haven't already, try turning off hybrid shutdown (called "fast startup") under the power settings.

I'm pretty sure Windows Update is responsible for this. Have you had a look at this post?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3gd066/computer_wakes_up_every_night_from_sleep/

I don't think Windows 7 has that feature.

That post is for Windows 10, I am using Windows 7.

I think this problem is related to Windows. The computer will only wake from sleep, not when shut down.

Open a command promp with admin privileges.
And type: powercfg -lastwake

And: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Then you can see what hardware that can wakeup you system from sleep.

oh word?

1 Like