PC just died, Building a new one

Thanks for the info.

I do like the looks of the Scythe 5 and is not excessively more expensive, though it looks like i will need to have it shipped from amazon. Which will take a little longer, though will be able to use the stock cooler until it arrives.

How does the MSI X570-A Pro perform?
Though the Asus ROG Strix X570-F does look interesting.

1 Like

Take a look at this post for info

Also someone on LTT did a comparison for x570

I strongly recommend x470 or B450 for the reasons I described above, but if you want a x570 board check out the tier lists to see if you’re getting a good board or not

the availability in local stores here for X470 is non existent.
the B450 motherboards the majority I looked at either are not in stock or do not have a way to update the BIOS without a CPU.

Though also saw that the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X AM4 is on special for AU$399

Also a question, what is the performance difference for ram of 2 sticks at 2666 vs 4 sticks at 2400?

Decent board but a bit expensive imo.
The Asrock X570 Taichi is pretty much the same board only with a single 1gb/e nic.
But the X570 Taichi should be cheaper then the Phantom Gaming X.

For the x570 mbs, you are gonna wanna start 3200 to 3600.

You should bite the bullet on this as anything lower is kind a waste of money and leaving performance on the table.

Also the tomahawk max comes with ryzen 3000 support out of the box
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/jcYQzy/msi-b450-tomahawk-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk-max
Does newegg not do australia?
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/svdxFT/msi-x470-gaming-pro-carbon-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-gaming-pro-carbon

Ryzen is better dual channel, also follow this

Disclaimer: I only skimmed through this thread.

Those prices are way high compared to the US. I understand the prices are based on supply/demand, even though it’s ironic that the shipping is a fraction of the distance.

Is the cost of living in Australia quite low compared to other parts of the world? Is it a similar situation to say Alaska? Where property is dirt cheap but commodities are inflated?

This is a big factor.

I am in Canada, similar situation here.

So yes usually the Taichi would be the cheaper option except that there is currently a deal ongoing.
ASRock X570 Taichi $449.0
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X $599 - $200 (Deal that is currently on) $399

Yes newegg does do Australia, though for example the above Phantom Gaming X board they have it priced at $496, GST (tax) $39 and then there is another $66 for shipping added on, so a total of about $611 vs the $599 at umart, which is what makes them not a good choice.

@Ethernet_Warrior at least you do not have to buy smokes over here:
The average price of a 25 pack of cigarettes $28.25 - $33.90: (News.com.au)

Do they have more boards on sale that you are interested in?

Trow a list in here, then i can maybe help you out thinking,
which would be the best one to pick. :slight_smile:

Well yeah when the phantom Gaming X is cheaper then the Taichi.
Then in regards to those 2 boards that would be a no brainer.
Pretty decent boards.

The only other Motherboards that are currently discounted are have the B450 and without the flashback functionality. So none of those would be suitable.

Though the ASRock X570 Steel Legend also looked reasonable, though they do not have any in stock/on order.
Plus it is currently sitting at the same price as the discounted Phantom Gaming X

The Phantom Gaming X is a significantly better board,
then the Steel Legend in every single way.

I’m Liking this build.

Cost.
$1541(Pictured) + $129 (Scythe Ninja 5 From Amazon)
Total of $1670

Also found some better Ram available, but the case went out of stock today (more stock later in the month)

They raised the price on the 3800X and dropped the price on the 3700X

Also it appears that a new special has just started for the Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse 8G AU $679

As i have seen the Sapphire pulse has good reviews.

1 Like

Looks pretty nice to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Annoying how some of the items have become out of stock …

The PSU will be an issue as they are completely out of stock for the RM750 and do not currently have any on order, so i will have to go with a different PSU.

Corsair 850W 80 + Gold Modular Power Supply (RM850) (Normally $279, discounted to $179, $14 more than the 750W)
Corsair 650W 80 + Gold Modular Power Supply (RM650) (Normally $239, discounted to $149, $16 less than the 750W)
The 850 is also now out of stock I will go with the 650W.

I think the build will be built in three Phases.

Phase 1:

The base build with the following parts
and using an old Antec 520W High Current Gamer PSU Modular Extreme as the power supply, and an old GTX970 as the GPU, using an old case(it has dreadful cable management).

Phase 2:

When the parts com into stock get the last few items:

Phase 3:

Replace the stock cpu cooler with the Scythe Ninja 5

Phase 4:

At a later date update to a new GPU from the 970.
The special for the Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse 8G AU $679 does look appealing right now though.

I love your choice of fans and cooler! awesome! Let there be beige and brown in the case for the love of FANS!!! :smiley:

I would change your cpu, 3800x to 3700x, but if you have your reason to 3800x, just do it.

Thanks for your assistance on this build, It is working very nicely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.